High pitch noise through back channel speakers

alexmj1

Novice Member
AV receiver pioneer is SC-LX86 which I had from new since 2012 with no problems until now. I notice watching movies via BD player after maybe 15min if i pause or stop play rewind or forward there is a terrible high pitch noise coming from the back channel speakers and no sound from any of the other channels. My AV receiver setup as 7.1 were I bi-amp the front speakers and using normal side and back speaker channels. If i turned the receiver off and then turn it back on the noise is still there and after maybe 30sec everything goes back to normal sound wise. I thought is was the BD player causing the issue but notice its doing the same when am using the Play Station or Sky Q box. Even when am streaming music and i switch source the noise will kick in and then i've to turn the receiver of and on again. Very frustrating as i love the receiver.

dobrykamil

Hi
This is a common issue with these and similar models like sc-lx55 and it is related do DSP. Google Pioneer UE22 error. Long story short, either DSP is dying or perhaps its memory chip.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom