High End Wireless home Cinema

so I am finally done with the system and need some help with the receiver. I will be getting the LG g2 77" with a custom triad center. both mounted on a Future Automotion EAD drop lift (for the fireplace, which we are. now keeping). for l+r and sr+sl I am getting 2 pairs of b&o 18s and a sub b&o 19. possible 2-4 ATMOS speakers, maybe just 2.

the amplifier choices I am considering are:
Arcam AVR 31
Anthem MRX 1140
Denon AVC-X8500HA
Marantz SR8015

The room is broken into 2 parts. it is 40 x 20 ft with the fist 24-x 20 by the living room in which the seating area will be about 20'x20' you can get a really good idea from the pictures.
thanks!.
Is the custom Triad centre passive speaker (to be powered by av-receiver)? And the B&Os are powered active wireless speakers so they have own amps.

@AmericanAudio is there some big benefits choosing the ViSA supported B&O 19 subwoofer opposed to basically anything else with good wireless transmitter like the Triband soundpath from SVS you sell. I`m just looking the subwoofer and it´s 3500£ price vs. the rather anemic performance it offers and specifically babarrun who has 40x20 open space total to fill out so one sub with highly likely of uneven room response and limited headroom & impact probably won´t satisfy him. Spending big bucks for high end system just to end with underwhelming bass. 😟

My biggest concern is syncing this all together. So keeping in the wisa domain is key and having personally visited Babarrun i wish B&O luck and I am intrigued how they are going to achieve the mix of processing and amplification.

I wouldn't want to introduce another layer of processing on jist the sub or a couple of speakers because the potential delay could be problematic.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is syncing this all together. So keeping in the wisa domain is key a d havi g personally visited Babarrun i wish B&O luck and I am intrigued how they are going to achieve the mix of processing and amplification.

I wouldnt want to introduce another layer of processing on jist the sub or a couple of speakers because the potential delay could be problematic.

Chris, always good to get your inout.

The B&O (18's) will be wired thru to the receiver. we will be replacing the ethernet cable with shielded which is already laid out in the living room.

The triad will be wired thru to the receiver and will be getting power as well along with the Atmos.

Is the custom Triad centre passive speaker (to be powered by av-receiver)? And the B&Os are powered active wireless speakers so they have own amps.

@AmericanAudio is there some big benefits choosing the ViSA supported B&O 19 subwoofer opposed to basically anything else with good wireless transmitter like the Triband soundpath from SVS you sell. I`m just looking the subwoofer and it´s 3500£ price vs. the rather anemic performance it offers and specifically babarrun who has 40x20 open space total to fill out so one sub with highly likely of uneven room response and limited headroom & impact probably won´t satisfy him. Spending big bucks for high end system just to end with underwhelming bass. 😟
The Triad will be powered by the AV-receiver. B&O's will just be getting an un-powered signal from the receiver. There are several polkaudio speakers currently in the ceiling. oddly, as Chris knows, there is one single just in front of the tv whic will be useless to me I think, then there are 2 directly above the seating area and finally there are 2 about ~8 feet behind these speakers but more widely spaced. Any thoughts on how to place these would be super.

on the subwoofer, do you recommend a complete system for something that is not too large *transmitter + sub. we like the B&O because of it's aesthetics and then it's size.

The Triad will be powered by the AV-receiver. B&O's will just be getting an un-powered signal from the receiver. There are several polkaudio speakers currently in the ceiling. oddly, as Chris knows, there is one single just in front of the tv whic will be useless to me I think, then there are 2 directly above the seating area and finally there are 2 about ~8 feet behind these speakers but more widely spaced. Any thoughts on how to place these would be super.

on the subwoofer, do you recommend a complete system for something that is not too large *transmitter + sub. we like the B&O because of it's aesthetics and then it's size.

The system you are buying is very special so perhaps it´s then best to follow that route also due to aesthetics and size, but you are paying ton more than you would normally do for small sub. I would have rather taken two more affordable compact subwoofers with both having own wireless transmitters, but if there is worries about syncing it all together then it´s too big risk. Large open room with small single subwoofer is not really the most ideal route and spending 7000£ for pair of those B&O subs would be quite madness. But people have different tastes when it comes to bass, just keep your expectations in check. More worrying is the uneven response with one sub as we know dual subwoofers is almost always the way to go when you have fairly free hands regarding where they go. So placement will be key.

For ceiling speaker optimal placement for Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 (= 2pairs) see the link below for optimal angles.

@Gasp3621 Thank you so much for your comments. I'll go ahead with one sub. if it's underwhelming I think I can replace it and buy two subs of another brand.

does anyone have any thoughts on the various receivers I have shortlisted or if there is anything else I should consider. thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom