High end luxury handbag returns/ repair expectations

p1tse

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I guess first off what happens if your tv, apple product, other electronic devices on and off switch broke in first 12 months? I assume take it to store for them to assess and replace?

So what happens if you had a high end wallet, purse, handbag and the lock mechanism broke off in first 12 months?

Well my experience with Mulberry is rubbish. Near enough £1k handbag which I took to their outlet store for them to send back a couple of weeks ago, no update until I rang in. Surely they should have rang, text, email to say the repair centre have received, but nothing.

Now been told its getting fixed but likely hood of seeing it before Xmas!

So going back to my first question, if your electronic device like TV or mobile had to be in repair service until after Xmas, would you not be fuming?

I guess first off what happens if your tv, apple product, other electronic devices on and off switch broke in first 12 months? I assume take it to store for them to assess and replace?

So what happens if you had a high end wallet, purse, handbag and the lock mechanism broke off in first 12 months?

Well my experience with Mulberry is rubbish. Near enough £1k handbag which I took to their outlet store for them to send back a couple of weeks ago, no update until I rang in. Surely they should have rang, text, email to say the repair centre have received, but nothing.

Now been told its getting fixed but likely hood of seeing it before Xmas!

So going back to my first question, if your electronic device like TV or mobile had to be in repair service until after Xmas, would you not be fuming?
Should have got a 'bag for life'. Only 10p in Tesco's. No quibble returns and instant exchange :)

You are absolutely right, you'd expect not just good but excellent service.

I must admit that with Barbour for their jackets that is exactly what is my experience. But I was dealing direct with the factory. You say outlet store, are you sure you are dealing with Mulberry and the repair is being done by Mulberry? I thought a lot of these places aren't actually run by the factory, just a front for it.

Another consideration, for a lot of the tech or one's 80" plasma etc you have only one device. Surely with a handbag you have more than one :) Or take this as a great opportunity to treat yourself to another handbag. You can't have enough handbags, or so my wife explains to me...

I had completely the opposite experience.

When SWMBO's Mulberry bag had a stitching issue they collected it, repaired it and returned it to us within a matter of a few days. They rang us a couple of times too.

Every customer has a different experience and it always depends on who/ how you deal with it.

Alex

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom