High Definition Recorders - Available When?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robert.hunter, Apr 22, 2007.

1. robert.hunter

robert.hunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Can anyone kindly advise why no high definition recorders are currently available in the UK and when this is likely to change please?

Thank you, Robert.

2. cjdavis83

cjdavis83
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well...if u think about it SKY HD box acts as HD recorder...As HD video data is worthy of alot of disk space it makes it easier to use the HDD within the satellite box...there may be a time when we can transfer HD broadcast video to blu ray in the distant future but with HDCP in force, that may be hard..!.unless some content protection is used by the consumer etc....:rotfl:

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    I think you'll find it wont happen until the companies behind BR and HD-DVD have milked enough money from people having to buy pre-recorded media....

once TV shows like ST, BSG, Lost, 24 etc have all been made available and sold on disc format, then i reckon they'll produce machines here in the UK.....I believe Japan has recorders but cant remember if they are commercial or not........