High Definition DVD now available

Another reason for having a HTPC.... sorry couldn't resist

Cheers,
Andy.

I have the IMAX Coral Reef adventure DVD which uses this HD WMV. The image definition on my 100" HiDef DLP projector is stunning! It's a fascinating film too. The 1280*720 version matches my projector perfectly.

There are annoying image compression artificats in the underwater scenes, due to the use of too low a bitrate, but most scenes don't have this problem.

Having said all this I won't be buying anymore as it makes my normal DVDs look too soft due to the lower definition. One day I'll hopefully be able to replace my whole collection with HiDef DVDs but until then I'll have to resist.

Also I'll wait for the proper HiDef DVDs to arrive, I don't want Microsoft controlling the future of DVD.

I'm pretty sure those 'Hi-Def' films on Atom films are not actually Hi-Def at all, but near DVD quality, which is still very good for streaming video. I think they have made a booboo calling them 'Hi-Def' and they should have used Hi-Res or something?

Anyway, if anyone is interested (?) there is a film on there called Out Done which I edited (picture and sound). I don't think it is in the 'Hi-Def' format, but it is still watchable as a small image for those with broadband. Please try to watch it to the end (17mins) and I hope you enjoy it?!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom