1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Definition Definitive Campatibility List (Sky)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Sheks, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Sheks

Sheks

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

Does someone know if there is a published list of what current Plasma screens are going to be compatible with Sky HD (and other broadcasters)?

Or if a list does not exist would a knowledgeable (sp?) forum member be able to post one for all to see, maybe we could update the list as new Plasma panels are released?

I am confused reading all the threads about what is and is not compatible, and to have the information in one thread would be of great assistance to me (and I am sure others).

Thanks in advance.

Sheks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Since Sky have not released full details of their HDTV service, there can be no definitive list. There are rumours that HDTV from Sky will be 720p/50 and 1080i/50, but that is speculation, not fact.

3. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    What Sky has announced is not speculation or rumour - although there is a possibility (however small) that changes could be made before launch.

720p/50 is not only the preferred choice of Sky, it is the EBU's preferred format. (The EBU is also supporting 1080p as a marginal format - although Sky has announced support for 1080i).