high def in currys..

Status
Not open for further replies.

the klang

Novice Member
all the LG screens running hd are running from a player called HDG 3H.looked like a dvd player but was running all the high def material,some kind of pc based unit or something?
any idears??
 

Nickiniquity

Novice Member
It's probably a Shuttle barebones PC providing component video like Dixons were using for a similar display.

I bet they've completely failed to set the grayscale properly on the screen so it looks nasty though!
 

the klang

Novice Member
arent there some dvd players that can deal with hd material,some kind of
windows high def dvd rom drive thing.
 
S

stevebrowne

Guest
they normally use a fujitsu PC of some sort. case looks like the old Compaq iPaq desktop cases (not the PDAs!) but purple or blue or pink or something.
 

Ian J

Banned
Nickiniquity said:
I bet they've completely failed to set the grayscale properly on the screen so it looks nasty though!
I was in Currys last week looking at the LG hi def display and it looked so stunning that it took 10 seconds to sell the idea of a hi def plasma or LCD to my wife.

The PC was feeding a range of LG plasma and LCD screens of different sizes
 

zin101

Standard Member
Nickiniquity said:
It's probably a Shuttle barebones PC providing component video like Dixons were using for a similar display.

I bet they've completely failed to set the grayscale properly on the screen so it looks nasty though!
Damn u just dont like Dixons do you, now i got to admit i do work for Dixons and i do work with a bunch of knobs, but some of us know what were talkin about, in terms of the LG, ours is lookin mint, and they are using a barebones PC running a component display, dont know why they did'nt just use HDMI. LG apparently payed Dixons £2 million to have this set up in stores, but boy they were p***** when we were running their feed on the Panasonic TH-42PV500
 

the klang

Novice Member
so no one knows what a HDG 3H is then?
 

Ian J

Banned
zin101 said:
LG apparently payed Dixons £2 million to have this set up in stores, but boy they were p***** when we were running their feed on the Panasonic TH-42PV500
So we should add "unethical" to the list :rotfl:
 

mike7

Well-known Member
Damn u just dont like Dixons do you, now i got to admit i do work for Dixons and i do work with a bunch of knobs, but some of us know what were talkin about, in terms of the LG, ours is lookin mint, and they are using a barebones PC running a component display, dont know why they did'nt just use HDMI. LG apparently payed Dixons £2 million to have this set up in stores, but boy they were p***** when we were running their feed on the Panasonic TH-42PV500
One more qualification for working in Dixons is obviously not recognising the need to use a full stop now and again !
 

Yemeth

Well-known Member
@Mike + Shafqat:

Please take notice to time stamps before posting. You have replied to a post from 2005, just under 3 years ago! So opinions viewed may not be representative of today's views or topics.

Thread closed...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top Bottom