• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hifidelio Pro Query

devc

Standard Member
I am looking for an audio hard disk recorder with cd burner and I was hoping someone could confirm whether or not the Hifidelio Pro suits my needs.

Firstly I want to convert a load of vinyl to digital format.
Is this easily done at high quality?
Is there a way of editing the recording e.g. to remove leading and trailing silence?

Secondly, I want to record live dj mixes (from cdj's).
Can track markers be inserted in real time?
Can track markers be inserted after the recording has stopped?

Thirdly, once I have recorded and saved the mixes to the hard disk (with track markings), can I then burn a cd of the mix with no gaps between tracks?
Can normal PC/data cd's be used to burn audio cd's on this machine?

I also have a load of mp3's on my PC I would like to add to the machine - is there a way to copy these onto the hard disk over the network?

I would appreciate any info anyone can share, espcially if they have used the Hifidelio in the same way I am intending to use it.

devc

Standard Member
Cheers for that mate, will take a look at that forum.

Anyone else got any first hand experience of this machine in relation to my needs?

devc

Standard Member
Also, can this machine stream a live feed i.e. can it act as a pass through and stream what ever is being played through it like output from an amp without hitting its hard disk?

Mr Forgetful

Established Member
I've recently bought one of these and have not had enough time to play with it, so cant fully answer your questions.

Here's a great source of info from dedicated Hifidelio forum...it's in German though, so I use the google translator...

http://translate.google.com/transla...ct=result&prev=/search?q=hifidelio+user&hl=en

Hope this helps

Shezzy,
Could you please tell me where you purchased the Hifidelio from, I've been looking for one for a few months now?

Dave

shezzy2k

Established Member
Got it on eBay from Germany...

I wanted the Pro-S which is the latest version and apparently not available in this country according to HifiBitz & Superfi who had the Pro version listed a few weeks ago.

Here are the links to the eBay seller I bought from...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/expert-shop

Silver Version
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hifidelio-PRO...hZ008QQcategoryZ19616QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
Black Version
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hifidelio-PRO...hZ008QQcategoryZ19616QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

This chap accepts Paypal which is why I went for it...I had no problems...you can also make him an offer and knock the price down a bit.

Hope this helps

brookheather

Distinguished Member
I have had a Hifidelio Pro for over a year and love it - the manual is available here:

http://www.hermstedt.de/downlds/manuals/Hifidelio_manual_En.zip

You can record vinyl by connecting the output from your amp to the analogue inputs on the Hifidelio.

I don't think it has any track marking capability or editing - you would need a PC I guess.

You can easily copy your MP3s over the network to the Hifidelio (you can see its import folder in Windows Explorer) - it will read the tags for the track information.

- Simon.

brookheather

Distinguished Member
Shezzy,
Could you please tell me where you purchased the Hifidelio from, I've been looking for one for a few months now?

Dave

There is a new Pro S model currently available from a seller on eBay for only £599. There is also a Dutch seller on eBay selling the 80Gb version for about £469 - you can always upgrade the hard drive if required - I used this seller (stassen-hifi) last year when I bought mine.

- Simon.

shezzy2k

Established Member
There is a new Pro S model currently available from a seller on eBay for only £599. There is also a Dutch seller on eBay selling the 80Gb version for about £469 - you can always upgrade the hard drive if required - I used this seller (stassen-hifi) last year when I bought mine.

- Simon.

I wish there was a Pro-S around at that price when I was looking :(

Quick question for you...How do you find the audio quality of the Hifidelio?

I'm thinking of sending mine here for an audio upgrade...

http://www.hifidelio.nl

Only thing is it'll cost about £500 all in. I know I could plug it into an external DAC, but I'm keen to avoid having extra boxes.

What are your thoughts?

Mr Forgetful

Established Member

- Simon.

Damn, I never got there in time, missed opportunity :suicide:

devc

Standard Member
Hi,

Can someone please confirm if normal data cd's can be used to burn music onto with this machine?

Also, can the cd's be burnt without gaps between songs e.g. for a live set.

Cheers.

firedog55

Standard Member
I think you can do everything you asked about (below) except add track markers in real time. Works great for recording LPs.

"Firstly I want to convert a load of vinyl to digital format.
Is this easily done at high quality?
Is there a way of editing the recording e.g. to remove leading and trailing silence?

Secondly, I want to record live dj mixes (from cdj's).
Can track markers be inserted in real time?
Can track markers be inserted after the recording has stopped?

Thirdly, once I have recorded and saved the mixes to the hard disk (with track markings), can I then burn a cd of the mix with no gaps between tracks?
Can normal PC/data cd's be used to burn audio cd's on this machine?

I also have a load of mp3's on my PC I would like to add to the machine - is there a way to copy these onto the hard disk over the network?:"

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom