hificomponents.de - Yamaha 1400

Vodder

Ex Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought successfully from these RECENTLY?

I ordered my Yammy 1400 in the middle of February and was told that due to a shortage across Europe it wouldnt be delivered until calander week 14 (last week), fair enough I thought as I wouldnt be in my new house till then anyway!

Bought my BW600 series speakers (absolutely delightful) and waited. Well last week came and went and no AMP. My account page is now saying delivery is this week! No rpely to my email and they're website still says 30 days delivery!

I know someone posted here a couple of weeks back that they cancelled their order with them for something and ordered somewhere else. Another person ordered their 1400 from hifi-regler and got theres but that is almost £200 more.

Do you think it is time to get worried??

Dfour did get his from hificonfidential.de

As far as I know his experience was quite painless and it was delivered when said.

Might be an idea to wait for his repsonse.

I cancelled my Pioneer VSX-AX3 from HIFIComponents a while back.
Went for the Yamaha 1400 from HIFIRegler.de since it was reduced to 739.90 EURO There's a difference of 75 EURO between the 2 places for the 1400. Still waited for 2 weeks with them and no sign of it. I got a mail yesterday saying I would have it in the next 2-3 days. That was after I sent a mail cancelling my order. Not sure if they were just trying to keep the order or not but I cancelled anyway. I had already ordered the 1400 from a third online shop for 685 EURO. www.redcoon.de They don't ship outside Germany though. The reason I went for them is because I was getting desperate and checked eBay and saw them selling on their also. They say shipping in 24 hours. I transferred the cash on Sunday so hopefully they should have received it by this morning. After everything that has happened I won't be the least bit surprised that they forgot to update their site for the shipping time. This has been a really bad run for me in what should have been a straightforward purchase. It's been over 2 months since I've heard movies in surround sound!!!! :)

hifiregler.de are still showing it as 850 euros, maybe that their international price, they wanted 75 euros shipping too :(

Kazman do you know the URL for hificonfidential.de? As I can't find them.

I'm half tempted to cancel, but its only a few days late at the moment, the bit that worries is the fact that the website still shows 30 day delivery, it was 45 days when I ordered 6 weeks ago.

The other thing is, everytime I wire money to Europe it costs £10, that could add up!! At the mo, I am using my housemates amp (can't remember make) - its only pro logic, but its decent enough in stereo.

Hopefully I might be pleasently surprised sometime this week:confused:

I've just received an shipping mail from redcoon.de
Vodder: They only display the SRP on the site. If you do the "Angebote" thingy then you will get a mail with the following details:

Artikelnummer: 171604
Artikelbezeichnung: Yamaha RX-V1400RDS (titan)
Garantie: 24 Monate
Unverbindl. Lieferzeit: 10 - 14 Tage
Anzahl: 1
Mengeneinheit: Stück
Einzelpreis EUR 739,80
Gesamtpreis: EUR 739,80
Lieferservice: EUR 10,95

They should have at least one 1400 surplus since I cancelled my order and they had it coming in the next 2-3 days.

I would recommend buying from hificonfidential.de. They sent the details I needed for the bank transfer within days. They emailed me when my money entered their bank account and I had my amp within 3 days of of there confirmation :smashin:

Total cost £509!!:thumbsup: including postage to England and bank charges. They even offered to change the plug to an English one:)

DFOUR,

How do you transfer the money - I to am looking at the 1400.

Are you happy with it.

Chris

hificonfidential.de??????????????
cant find this do you mean hificomponents.de
or dou you have exact url

ok im having a blonde moment:oops:

http://www.audiovision-shop.de/Preise/preise.html

I went to my bank (hsbc) and asked to transfer moeny to the account details that they suplied me with. I was a little worried when I read the indemnities on the back:D but it was easy in the end.

Fantastic service. I would happily buy from them again:thumbsup:

They sent me an email saying that they had posted it and it arrived by courier 3 days later:thumbsup:

Superb service! Hard to get that in England sometimes let alone sent from Germany and the 1400 doesnt have a captive mains cable (like the UK model) so you can use any exotic monster cable you want ;)

Oh I love it, its :censored: fantastic :clap:

DFOUR,

But which company did you get it from - 2 have been mentioned.

Also presumably by a captive cable you mean one that is wired inside the box. Presumably the German on is more like the kettle/computer type power cable.

Are the germans on 240 volts or is there a switch to change the voltage.

Chris

Still no amp! :(

I had an email off the compnay you bought off Dfour and they said they had none in stock and had no date. Neither do Technikdirekt.de. They have a really good international site and accept credit card transactions, but again no stock "for at least 3 weeks"

Had an email of hificomponents.de that they expect to ship the amp to me within the next 2 days. Don't know whether this sounds more promising than it is due to the way it was written or something else. Guess we'll have to see as the website still says 30 days delivery!

Here's hoping....

I ordered mine from www.hificomponents.de in January and took 2 months to arrive which was what they stated. I kept emailing them and eventually got a reply which was either in German or on the occasion in broken English.

I would try and get a response by them but if the delivery is sometime in this week then it might still come. They didn't notify me of when it got shipped and I was greated by it when i got home. There correspondence isn't what I call 'excellent' but okay none the less in my case.

I hope you get yours soon as its a great amp. All i needed to do was change the power cable and I was up and running in no time.

So In the end I think we should make a list of all the web-shops people have used. I'd say let's be crule. 1 bad service gives a warning, for the second it goes to the black list. BUT ofcourse I'd be glad to see the good service marks too.
How about it?

There is a really excellent thread listing all the big shops on the continent, but I can't remember its name or the name of the author.

Well another week on and still no amp!!

Have check with all the big shops in Germany and NO ONE has any! Have had really good correspondence from one person at hificomponents though.

Apparently, as I suspected, Yamaha just haven't made enough of them so there is a huge backlog. Appaarently Yamaha have told them they will receive a shipment of silver and black amps within the next 3 weeks but she didnt know how many. Also found out that there are 10 people in front of me on their order list - I ordered middle of February, so these people must be even more miffed!

They have offered to refund my money, but there seems little point. I still want the amp, can't afford the cost here and ordering form elsewhere is pointless as no one has stock.

Maybe one day I'll get to listen to DTS!!:zonked:

Forgot to mention www.heimkinomarkt.de which has small summaries of German audio/video magazine tests, as well as a big German retailer list.

Wasabi

Yep, it was your thread Wasabi that I was thinking of! Cheers! :clap:

wow it look like i got mine at just the right time :thumbsup:

Think I missed the boat by a fortnight :mad:

Typical that, but I was sound testing that much stuff to make sure I got the right kit. My order status is now saying delivery week 21 - which is 3 weeks time.

If I don't get it by the end of May (2 months late) then I may have to start looking at other amps :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom