1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HifiBitz - Total waste of time!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mark88, May 31, 2005.

1. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I ordered some speaker stands from HiFiBitz on the 09/05/05. As HifiBitz have no stock indication on their site I emailed them to ask when delivery would be. This is the reply I got from "Sally":

Hi there,

I have just spoken to the suppliers and they have informed me that due to an overwhelming demand for this product that they had not anticipated, they have been unable to manufacture the required amount and therefore causing an unavoidable delay in supplying it.

They have informed me that we will be receiving our delivery W/C 16th May. We apologise for the delay in souricng this item for you.

Please be assured that fulfilling your order is very important to us and from the day we receive your goods we will dispatch them within 24 hours. If you would like to cancel your order or for any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us on 08700 276888

On the 18/05/05 the item arrived. Not bad,

On the 12/05/05 I also ordered some Quad 11L speakers. I again emailed to find out the lead time. Here's the reply I got, again from "Sally"...

Hi there,

I have just spoken to the suppliers and they have informed me that due to an overwhelming demand for this product that they had not anticipated, they have been unable to manufacture the required amount and therefore causing an unavoidable delay in supplying it.

They have informed me that we will be receiving our delivery W/C 23/05/05. We apologise for the delay in sourcing this item for you.

Please be assured that fulfilling your order is very important to us and from the day we receive your goods we will dispatch them within 24 hours. If you would like to cancel your order or for any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us on 08700 276888.

Kind regards

hmmmm.....amazingly similar replies.

Ok, so the week of the 23rd comes and goes. I hear nothing from HifiBitz. So I contact them again and again. Here's all the emails and replies over the last couple weeks or so....

Can you please tell me when I can expect this order? Order placed on the
    12/05. When I emailed previously I was told stock expected week commencing
    23/05 but order status still reads "awaiting stock"...?

Please don't spin me the line "...due to an overwhelming demand for this
    product that they had not anticipated..." etc etc because that's the exact
    same reply you use for everything. I just wanna know when I can expect this
    order.

Hi there,

We have received a email form yourself cancelling this order and therfore we have cancelled the order at Sony.These are currently in stock at Sony and therfore could be with you within seven days if you went ahead and replaced your order

Kind regards.

eh? I never emailed cancelling this order? and the product isn't even a sony product, are you sure you've got the right order ? "222368"

Hi there,

My apologises for the error.

We have contacted the suppliers and they have informed us that these will be in stock with us w/c 30/05/05.

Kind regards

First you said "week commencing 23/05/05", then you said "in stock with us on the 30/05/05"...It's now the 31st and the order status still reads awaiting stock, it's almost 3 weeks now since the order was placed. Please tell me what's going on now exactly? If I knew things would take so long I wouldn't even have bothered ordering from you in the first place. Sorry to sound like a pain in the ass, but this is crap. Can I expect my order anytime in the near future?
    regards

Hi there,

I have contacted Quad and they have informed us that these are not due in stock until 22nd June. We apologise for the delay in sourcing this item and should you wish to cancel your order please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

Survice to say, I cancelled the order. 6 weeks delivery on speakers, pfff. If she had contacted Quad in the first place instead of feeding me some BS copy and paste I wouldn't have wasted all this time simply waiting for some speakers that were never likely to turn up. How hard is it to keep a customer informed of his/her order status?? Simply not knowing anything without pestering them the whole time is just crap. Last time I use HifiBitz for anything.

2. crocandy

crocandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    sorry to :D but you have just saved me from spending any money with them.

I hope you managed to get your equipment without any other hassels.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Not speaker related,I know,but my recent TAG order was completed on time,and with no problems.

Whilst your experience is both annoying and an example of poor communication,it is hopefully,relatively uncommon.

4. squirrely

squirrely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I have never had any problems with them either,spent thousands with them. They were very friendly on the phone aswell :smashin:

5. thelordmagus

thelordmagus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mmh, I agree with most posters here. I have recently ordered a set of speakers from them, and had no communication problems so far. They even allowed a quick change to my delivery address which was different from my registered CC address.

Now I must add that a fault has developed on one speaker. I contacted them, and in less then 24hours I obtained a reply in which they said the pair of speakers would be replaced and that the replacement speakers had been ordered from the manufacturer. A quick follow-up led to a few questions which have all been answered quickly. Now the replacement speakers should be delivered before the end of the week, which is fairly quick.

This adventure had all the looks that made me fear the worst outcome (speakers off to the manufacturer for "repairs" during months, only to be replaced half a year later?), so I'm really pleased.

Considering all this, I'm sorry that you had a real bad luck and that communication wasn't the best of skills the person in charge of your case had for herself...

6. AnilS

AnilS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Me too. I have recently bought two power amps off them. They communicated well and the amps arrived on time. My experience with them has been very professional. Both the ladies I've dealt with have been very good. :thumbsup:

When and if, I upgrade my speakers (they have them) I'll give them return business, no problem. :smashin:

AnilS.

7. rikwatson

rikwatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'll agree with Mark88 and am currently still waiting for my speakers and cables ordered over 2 weeks ago now. Its a joke. Going to try and cancel and go with hifi4less who have far superior service, delivering my S1's in 36 hours.

I hope other people will be wary before placing an order, or phone up in advance to check stock.

Rick

8. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I've since ordered from weymouth hifi, same speakers delivered within a couple days....

:clap:

9. bobone

bobone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i too ordered from hifibitz and they werent in stock but they came within a week and all contact was courteous i think you must have been unlucky

10. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I've bought from them several times over the years and never had a problem with them. I always order by telephone to check the stock position which to me is common sense and when they have been out of stock they have communicated with me fairly well.

They have been around a while and as far as I understand are a fairly busy outfit so there will obviously be the occasional glitch in the system but from reading posts here over the years there don't seem to have been many complaints.

11. steelee

steelee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered some mission m35i's on thursday afternoon, they were delivered Friday morning, fantastic service. :suicide: :D

12. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I quite like Hifi-Bitz. They are sometimes slow with items not in stock but it's very easy to cancel, they respond quickly and are friendly.

13. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I ordered some Mission M33i's on 24/8/05, and I'm still waiting 8 days later ! They say it could be the end of the week. I get the impression that this company carries very little stock, and only orders from wholesalers when they have a sale. I'm not a happy bunny ! :thumbsdow

14. Troon

Troon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Makes sense really. Think about the range they supply: there's no way they could physically or financially carry that much stock. I think we're spoilt these days with the near-instant availability of some items online, that when something has to be ordered the traditional way, we get disappointed.

Anyone remember the phrase "Please allow 28 days for delivery" which used to be standard text?

15. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Then why order the traditional way?

16. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I thought the whole point of retailers making a profit was because they had invested their money in stock ? If a retailer is only going to act as a middle man, and carry next-to-no stock, then we might as well bypass him and buy direct from the manufacturers ourselves ?

17. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I'm still waiting :mad:

18. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,606
    Having spoken to retailers this week, it seems that (possibly following the interest rate cut) business is growing and there is a general shortage of stock.
    You may aswell have some patience as being impatient is going to achieve nothing but raise your blood pressure.

19. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I'm not getting impatient, but I do get annoyed when sellers give the impression that they have stocks of products, when they clearly don't. In future I will only deal with companies who can confirm stocks at the time of order.

20. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As I said three months ago before this thread was recently resurrected I have dealt with Hifibitz several times but I always telephone them first to ascertain the stock position and have always found them very helpful.

21. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I wish I'd read your post before I placed the order. :)

Update : just had an e-mail - speakers are in stock, and have been despatched :thumbsup:

22. wonderboy

wonderboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I think anyone who expects a retailer to carry stocks of every model from every manufacturer should try for themselves.

Then once in the real world their eyes may open to the world of practicallity.

Interent dealer have to advertise all the products they stock.

This is the only way they will sell them.

Some models will be popular, some won't.

No point carrying the stocks that are not popular. This costs money which can not be invested elsewhere.

Manufacturers themselves run out of stocks sometimes, which then screws the retailer when they re-order.

Just take the Hitachi 32LD7200.

Stocks are rare as rocking horse droppings. What do you think retailers should do?

Scrap the page on their websites, stop advertising in the press etc?

23. wonderboy

wonderboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    well said lord loafer

24. NMyTree

NMyTree
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here in the USA, we've been seeing a trend for some time now, where even traditional (B&M) dealers hardly stock anything at all.

They have certain models on display and for audition, and some paltry stock items. Any piece of gear I have bought over the last two years, took 7-14 days to arrive at my dealers place. In a few isolated cases it took even longer.

Of course there are exceptions. But just about everyone I talk to has the same story to tell, in their personal experiences with buying gear, here in the USA.