1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HifiBitz.co.uk - items 'in stock'

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mark88, May 20, 2005.

1. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    It seems nearly everytime I order something for hifibitz my order status reads "awaiting stock". I placed 2 orders recently and each time emailed them to find out when I could expect my item, one item was some speakers, the other was speaker stands, from two different manufactuers. Here's the replies they gave each time:

"Hi there,

I have just spoken to the suppliers and they have informed me that due to an overwhelming demand for this product that they had not anticipated, they have been unable to manufacture the required amount and therefore causing an unavoidable delay in supplying it."

--------------

"Hi there,

I have just spoken to the suppliers and they have informed me that due to an overwhelming demand for this product that they had not anticipated, they have been unable to manufacture the required amount and therefore causing an unavoidable delay in supplying it."

A coincidence? or BS?

2. vizslaraner

vizslaraner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A mere coincidence, I'm sure.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Easy way to tell - telephone another retailer and see what they say the supply situation is for the items.

4. mark88

mark88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I'm still waiting for delivery of speakers, 3 weeks ago placed order. Been given 2 dates already and item still reads "awaiting stock"

I won't be using this company again, they are sh*te. Maybe the reason they don't have a stock indication on their site is because of the fact they don't actually stock anything but cables?

5. Goofy

Goofy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Quite frustrating experience - no doubt. It may be a good idea to also make a suitable comment on "Pricerunner" - so that a wider audience gets to know about this.

6. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    I bought from them sometime ago now and i had to wait 2 weeks for my center speaker because of no stock,if there anything like us a work they will only order in stock they think they can sell in that month once that stock as gone they don't reorder till the next month ,i'm not saying thats whats happening but it looks like they on carry a limited amount.I didn't complain as i saved loads a money on the speaker.

7. rikwatson

rikwatson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Well, I've been waiting over 3 weeks now for my speakers and cables, and apparently its the cable that is holding it up. I agree that it will be the last time I ever use this company.

Try hifi4less.com - hifibitz couldn't get my speakers in the right colour so placed an order with hifi4less on Monday night, they turned up Wednesday morning - outstanding service. Going to try cancelling my bitz order and replace with hifi4less.

Rick

8. Black20VT

Black20VT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Has anyone ever used Digital Direct UK?

Their prices always seem to be cheaper than most of the other sites I've looked at and was just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with them?

Link - http://www.digitaldirectuk.com