1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HiFiBitZ - Beware

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by superpixel, Feb 28, 2005.

1. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought I should share my first and last experience with forum sponsor Hifibitz, trying to get a modified multi-region DVD player:

1. They said on the phone that it would be in stock in the next couple of days, but it took 18 days to arrive.
    2. The original packaging wasn't inside the box - the player was loose between generic cardboard 'eggboxes'.
    3. The tray was misaligned - at about a 30 degree angle, not level.
    4. The player is not multiregion.
    5. It took 8 phone calls the other day to speak to someone, they said the 'returns man' would phone me back today.
    6. No return call, and apparently the man I need 'suddenly phoned in yesterday to take a day off work'.

Here's hoping they arrange a full refund swiftly...

(Not sure if this is the best forum topic for this, I couldn't find any retailer one)

2. Supersonic

Supersonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I have to say I've had a number of items from HiFiBitz and they were always fine including my Pio 575A - delivered on time, properly packaged etc. - but then the items were in stock, so I guess that's no problem for them. Hope you get it sorted out.

3. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought a fair amount over the years and never had any problems either!!

I'm sure its a one off and will be sorted quite quickly!!

Good Luck
    Stace :smashin:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    pity to hear that the pio 444 i bought 4 years ago from them MR is still doing me sterling service tho soon to be possibly replaced..................was delivered in 2 weeks even tho they were like hens teeth at the time (just after Xmas)

5. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I bought some stuff last year and had no problems but didn't get on so well with my last order.

Placed an order for some speakers a couple of weeks ago which were showing as on order (out of stock). Checked a couple of days later and they were still showing as on order so decided to cancel and followed the instructions on their site for doing this. Received an email to say they were cancelled then later the same day received a despatch email. When I emailed them about this the stock was allocated to my order before being booked on to stock and that they would have to charge me £10 to pull the order back from the carrier.

I pointed out that this was unreasonable and they caved in on it. This is my main problem they shouldn't have even suggested charging me when I'd followed their sites instructions and got a confirmation email from them. Their system is clearly flawed and the customer shouldn't pay for that.

Even worse the next day the order was still delivered anyway and they charged my card. Was all collected and refunded the following week but after this experience I'll think twice before ordering again. They also said that they may be introducing a cancellation charge for orders in future (I would think this might break the distance selling regs).

They do have some good offers though.

6. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Title is a little unfair to what seems just to be life. I dont think any etailer gets it right all the time. Poo happens, just sucks when you happen to be the one.

Hope you get it sorted. I havent had any problems with them when i bought all my HI-FI racks. Infact great service.

All the best

7. superpixel

superpixel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, I just thought I'd share my experience, I'd want others to do the same good and bad. I never knew reporting true customer experiences was unfair.

This is a bit more than 'not getting it right':

They either didn't bother to spend 30 seconds testing their own modification, or they deliberately send out unmodified players.

They were either happy to send out a unit with a broken tray, or it got damaged in transit due to their poor packaging (the unit was basically just in a big box free to move around). How did they "lose" the original packaging anyway?

At least they claim to offer a 'no quibble' refund, which is why I chose them in the first place - tempting fate I guess...

8. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I recently had an argument with them over their bitz points system. Before Christmas I had the Optoma RD50 TV on order. Due to all the problems and no word from Optoma on a delivery date [having been charged] I cancelled. Recently I saw a small item I wanted on their website and ordered it. I noticed their website was offering me 2000 bitz points even though I cancelled the TV. Of course despite the order being completed with me using the points I had available, they charged me the full amount. A few e-mails later after my blood started to boil they finally rescinded and let me use the points after all.

They said the website would be modified so points added for incomplete orders would no longer be shown. I don't think I'll be back to check that claim. I didn't even give a damn about the money, it was only a small amount, but they just rubbed me up the wrong way.

I find myself having far less patience with online retailers these days, I think I might be turning into my own grandad.

9. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Merely sharing my experience with this company.

I purchased a full set of Mission speakers for home cinema, but the centre spkr was out of stock. They gave me the option to wait and have everything delivered at once or they would lend me a centre.

Being eager to get things up and running I opted to borrow a centre. A staff member then brought the whole lot round in his own car.

When the Mission centre came in stock a week later the same staff member promptly turned up in his car again and swopped their loaner over.

Couldn't fault them :thumbsup:

It's infuriating I know, I've had similar with other dealers.

Good luck with sorting out your dispute.