1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hifi vs Home Cinema, can I have both on a budget

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Pword, May 18, 2005.

1. Pword

Pword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a limited budget of £700 and would like a new hifi/Home cinema system.
    Am I fooling myself that I could get both. Instead of getting seperate amps and players I was thinking of getting a

Amp: Yamaha 750SE
    DVD: Pioneer DV575A
    Speakers: Tannoy FX5.1

This sounds alright in terms of the home cinema but I an not sure sonically.
    Can I play CDs through a DVD player and multi channel speakers and get a decent result?

Do you have any alternative suggestions for kit, should I go for completely seperate systems?

I would be grateful for any thoughts.

Thanks.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    You can get a reasonable sound from a dvd player and an amp like the excellent ax750. It will not be as good as a dedicated cd player but until you get one you wouldnt notice.

My only problem is with the use of satalite speakers. I feel that you will neve get the same musical responce with them than with floostanding or bookshelf speakers.

AX750 £352 inc
    Pioneer dv575s multi region £97:90 (+postage?)
    Total £453 ish leaving approx £250 for speakers and all cabling.

Tannoy fx5.1 £200
    Or the replacement EFX5.1 for £259:50 inc stands, wall brackets and 25m of speaker cable :smashin: