Hifi test record

Rich666

Established Member
Reaction score
Picked up a hifi test record from a charity shop for £1 the other day, it's been rather useful! Jolly geeky...sat on your own listening to white noise and such haha

Useful for setting up tracking bias and tweaking...whole system sounds a wee bit more balanced (tho that could be in my head) Anyway, good for a giggle!

They are actually really useful if not essential for a vinyl setup,but it won't win you any friends at all.

Ha! an excellent description :)

I must say i enjoyed re-setting my tracking weight and bias (did I just say that?!)
I found I had my tracking weight a tiny bit heavier than I needed and the bias was a little off too. Now my DL110 tracks excellently (except on the torture track) I think playback is a little more balanced but i've had a few beers lol

Ha! an excellent description :)

I must say i enjoyed re-setting my tracking weight and bias (did I just say that?!)
I found I had my tracking weight a tiny bit heavier than I needed and the bias was a little off too. Now my DL110 tracks excellently (except on the torture track) I think playback is a little more balanced but i've had a few beers lol

Everything sounds better that way!

Seriously,especially with moving coils,getting the tracking right is essential,as they don't track as well as most MMs do,and the benefits of getting everything as right as possible really are emphasized with these.

I must agree the denon cart seems to be singing better then before! I really rate these DL110 carts and the TD160 it makes for a really lovely sounding (budget) system :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom