• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hifi system to play SD/USB & radio with inbuilt easy song navigation & no smarphone?

ChrisRuss

Standard Member
Ladies, gents,

Is there a mini/micro hifi system that has a radio and can play from SD card or USB stick - but has its own method of super easy song (iPhone'esque) navigation? Scrolling 1 folder/song at a time is painfully and so slow.

It's for my father who justs wants to play his collection and have a radio, but will never own a smart phone or iPod device which has all the quick song navigation abilities.

I don't care about Wifi or Bluetooth - he just won't use it.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Chris

MaturityDodger

It's not an all-in-one system, but you could to with a Squeezebox Touch. Then add an amp and speakers.
This will play from USB, and also has the bonus of internet radio if that's any use to him.
Nice big touch-screen on the front with decent navigation.

I've only used squeezeboxes to stream from a server, but the Touch (which I don't have) can also deal with local storage.

Doomlord_uk

MOD EDIT...this is NOT a sales area.

ALL ads must go in the classifieds.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom