1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hifi Speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Woofer, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Woofer

Woofer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for some hifi speakers that I will choose a suitable amp for later. I want a fair balance between the tweeter/mid range/woofer because I want to listen to a wide variety of music, however preferably I'd like there to bit a bit more boom that isn't muddy bass as I like d&b, r&b and sometime trance musics good too.

I have seen some JAMO speakers, are these any good? Also seen a place selling a 'big red' with 250 watts, 15" speaker and 6 smaller mid ranges at the top and also a tweeter. - £45 brand new! I listened to it and it sounded quite good but wasn't allowed to turn it up to whole volume!

They are going to go into a very large room >40m² so power is essential.

Second hand of course unless its real cheap so take that into consideration and a budget of £200 say excluding the amp? (Also could you recommend me an amp!)

Cheers

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DONT!!!!!!!! Do it,they are utter *¿+!,now you know why you couldn't turn up the volume,don't be taken in by big woofers and huge watts.

Save a bit more and try something like a B&W 303? I think a floorstander,it will be worth the long term save.

Add a amp like a Rotel or Marantz PM7200, will give you long term sitasfaction

3. JH1

JH1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd second that anyday