1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hifi cd player with mp3 info req

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by fender62, Aug 2, 2005.

1. fender62

fender62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im looking for a hifi separate cd player that can play mp3's as well not sure whats about.

2. Sofa1

Sofa1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Marantz CD7300 :smashin:

3. fender62

fender62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, checked prices for them bit high for me are there any others a bit cheaper under £200

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    For that sort of price you'd probably be better looking a a DVD player, most of which will play mp3 files.

5. Mr_Sukebe

Mr_Sukebe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +213
    Isn't it a bit of an anachronism, i.e. asking a hi-fi CD player to play MP3s? After all, MP3s sound pretty rubbish when compared to a CD (at least when used with a decent stereo).

6. phalaris

phalaris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe he has a lot of mp3s and he wants to get the best possible sound out of them?

7. fender62

fender62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    reason for mp3 capability is, parties or wanting to listen compilations i have put toghter etc. i was looking for something to sit on top of my amp that looks like a normal hifi cd player but with mp3 benefits, dvd player err no
    but interesting idea if it looked similar to amp or there abouts

8. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've got a Cambridge dvd300 - you often see them for around £50 or so, and might be worth a crack at that kind of price. Makes a very good CD player (only real downside is that the drive mechanism is a bit noisy) and looks like a 'proper' hifi seperate with black metal case etc. MP3 playback doesn't sound as good as CDs (but the fact they're MP3 files is probably most of the cause of that) and the user interface for playing MP3s is a bit clunky, though I've seen worse and should be fine for the odd party.

If you're after something cheap I think fusion did a CDP that played MP3s and retailed for not much more than £50. Not a great sound, though (you could try it with an external Dac, perhaps...)

9. fender62

fender62

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for advice, i had alook at the denon DN-C615 looks good tech side sounds good to now to find a used one ? saying that i wouldnt mind a denon dcd 485 or 685 either even though neither plays mp3 files.

10. phalaris

phalaris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mp3s playing through my DAC sound amazing. Most of them are 256kbps and I honestly cannot tell the difference between them and .wma or apple lossless.

11. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    A DVD player parterned with a DAC would be the best bet. Any decent DVD player from Toshiba, Sony, Philips, Yamaha or suchlike partnered with something like a NOS DAC or Musical Fideltiy X-ACT DAC should fit the bill nicely. It'll make CDs sound pretty decent too. I'm sure I've see NAD DVD players selling for about £120 or so, somewhere as well. Partner that with an X-ACT DAC and you'd have a pretty decent combination there.