1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HiFi and Home cinema speakers in one?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by BenedictGilman, Apr 25, 2005.

1. BenedictGilman

BenedictGilman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking at getting a new sound system put in and was hoping to have something that functioned well for both music listening and home cinema watching without duplicating things too much.

The music source is going to be predominantly vinyl so the surround sound / stereo aspects of a full home cinema set up are not going to be entirely relevant for music playback.

Can someone recommend me some combination of amp / receiver / speakers with a budget of about £1000 that would work well for this? I've been reading up on this as far as possible but find a lot of it quite confusing. I was considering getting a decent pair of floorstanding speakers to really carry the music and then perhaps less high quality speakers for the remainder of the set up as the home cinema aspects is less important to me, but I don't want to end up with anything too unbalanced.

The room is 31' by 14'7 if that's relevant at all, and arrangements that wouldn't carry to the neighbours too much (above and to either side but no neighbours below) are preferable.

Thank you.