Hifi amp output needed

Stinkycheesy

Standard Member
So i have a sony CMT-BX70DBi and i've been given another older Hi-fi amp and speakers But i cant seem to get an output from the sony into this other one so i can play through both amps and speakers, the only input on the older second hifi is left and right phono , any ideas on how i can do this?

Dave

formbypc

As far as I can see, the CMT-BX70DB's only output is a 3.5mm headphone jack - and when you use that, it probably mutes the speakers.

I think the short answer is - No, you can't connect it up to another amplifier. Why would you want to?

Stinkycheesy

Standard Member
yeah it does mute the speakers :/ the reasons mainly so i could have more speakers around my room rather than just 2

Ben Jammin

Hmm so you mean you want to send the (built in) CD Player's output to the other amp and have it play simulataneously on both amps?

I Don't think it's possible but i could be wrong.

formbypc

You could consider connecting two pairs of speakers in series to the Sony's speaker outputs. Each pair consisting of one of each type. Don't connect them in parallel as this will halve the resistance and could damage the amplifier. In series doubles the resistance and whilst it may reduce the available volume, it's safe.

Even if you did get the Sony connected to the other amplifier the way you wanted, when you want to change the volume, you'd have to manipulate two volume controls....

Trending threads

Top Bottom