• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HiFi amp & home cinema set up

mark.cup

Established Member
Just ordered an Arcam A90 amp to improve my musical perfomance it was a bargain at £410 delivered! I use a marantz sr5200 av amp what i want to know is if i use the arcam in processor mode for L/R stereo will it give a large improvement for music over the marantz & will it mess up the sound of the centre & rears as the marantz will be no match for the Arcam? can anyone with this type of set up give me some feed back as I have strange feeling i should have gone for the Arcam avr350:confused: Thanks

Mr_Sukebe

Established Member
For music, I assume you'll be sending a signal straight from your CDP into the Arcam, then onto your speakers. That should be a significant improvement. I've owned a couple of Marantz AV amps, and in retrospect, they really weren't that good.

For movies, whilst you've improve the power amp section for the fronts, you'll still be relying on the pre-amp and decoding of the marantz, and in that case, I'd expect the AVR300 to murder the Marantz.

mark.cup

Established Member
I thought taht may be the case suppose i need to figure out weather the music improvement warrants going for the A90 or go for i assume the less musical avr350 but gain on all chanels:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom