Hiding wires in a small gap.

tigermad

Distinguished Member
My pioneer plasma mount is due to arrive tomorrow and I have a quick question.

My wall cavity is only 25mm deep, plasterboard and thermolite blocks. I have run a spur so that I have sockets directly behind my av cabinet but I have not got the foggiest idea how to hide the cables in the wall. Obviously I want to be able to get them out again if I ever sell/move the plasma.

The only cables I will need to run behind the wall are the power lead to the plasma and the dvi/tuner box to the plasma. I would like some kind of trunking channeled into the wall but I would still need to chip all the plaster off if I ever wanted to get at them again due to the massive ends on the cables.

Can anyone please help because I am going to channel out the wall tomorrow.

TIA.

D

DigitalJase

Buy a cable rod kit from screwfix and see if you can find a route from behind the plasma to behind the av unit. Therefore you may not need to channel out. If the plaster board is dabbled then should be fine. Just remember where the cables are !. Otherwise use trucking. The holes in the plaster board could be as large as a double-gang socket. You won't see them and you could fit a brush plate on a back box to tidy up.

If you are ok with electrics, then put a socket behind the TV and a fused spur behind the AV Unit, so you don’t have to put the power cored behind the wall.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom