1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding the equipment

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Brad_Porter, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I am starting a project where I wish to pretty much conceal all my equipment in a customer built cabinet in my living room. The only thing I want on display is my TV and the speakers. (I wouldnt mind hiding the front speakers either actually if you have any suitable ideas....)

Can someone please give me some solid and healthy advice on what to watch for here, especially in the below areas.

1. Ventilation.
    2. Cable length issues (my scart may have to be 5 meters long - problems?)
    3. Pitfalls and common mistakes
    4. A check list of what I should be doing to make this project work
    5. Any other vital and important information on housing and hiding equipment

If you need to know, the equipment I am hiding is a pre-amp, a power amp, a DVD player, sky box and video player. My room isnt large (12 x 12) and the dedicated space is very ample for all the equipment (chimney alcove) but wont take any monster constructions....!

Any information will be much appreciated from any of you.

Thanks in advance.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    There should be some info covering this in the DIY area if you perform a search.

I'm sure others will help out later.:smashin:

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ventilation im sure will be your biggest problem from your list..... with everything powered up there can be quite some heat, so just make sure there arent any external heating sources nearby..... and something i did, vent into the chimney or even a couple if the heat build up is large.

ad