Hiding speaker wires

Pumauk

Trying to think of a better way to hide my speaker wires- got plasterboard walls so can i not route them behind this? i.e. drill hole at top of wall hole at bottom and thread the cable through? or is this tricky to do?

Cheers

cybrey

Plasterboard walls can mean quite a few things. You could have studwork or 'dot and dab'. Studwork would be relatively easy to feed a cable inside, but you will hit 'noggins' which are horizontal pieces, you may be able to drill through these with a hole above. 'Dot and dab' is plasterboard stuck onto breeze blocks with dabs of plaster, this will be next to impossible to guide behind.

MarkP80

Dot and dab is certainly entertaining to get a cable behind - have a look at "Mark's Bar" thread to see my walls after doing this. You do end up with a fair bit of wall removed, but it's relatively easy to fill afterwards. I used a fibreglass rod to thread the cable where there was a big enough gap, then drilled holes where it got stuck. Using 1/2" drill, I was able to travel up, making a channel, as the plasterboard is soft (OK, not what you do with a rill, but it works on soft plasterboard).

As cybrey says, if a stud wall, then you just need to chase out where the noggins are, and notch the noggin for the cable, then fill.

MarkP

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom