1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding speaker cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Dave, Sep 26, 2000.

1. Dave

Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just have a few questions to you guys out there, I'm just about going to start decorating my lounge (new floor, skirting, wall paper etc etc) and I was thinking of using Prowires out of sight cable for my rear speakers, and I was just wondering if anyone had used said cable and put it behind their wallpaper if so how did you prefix it and also did you slit the paper at speaker height and feed the cable through or is there some kind of speaker connector box I could use, ie a terminal type box behind my amp fixed to the wall, then a couple more behind the respective speakers.
    Cheers

2. NapoleonGuitarSolo

NapoleonGuitarSolo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've used Vivanco's Prowire, which has a self adhesive backing. If your speaker terminals are near the top of your speakers make the slit slightly below else visa-versa.

You can use a speaker terminal outlet which can be either mounted flush using a standard metal patress (as used for standard single electric wall sockets) or surface mounted using a relevant patress. Keene Electrics stock all the bits you'll need. The only slight problem is managing to get the bare ends of the prowire into the terminal block. You may find it easiest to solder a small amount of good quality stranded speaker cable onto the ends of the prowire which can then easily be clamped by the terminal screws.

Good luck,
    NGS.