1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding power amps

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by paiger, Jul 2, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering upgrading to a Tag AV32 (192) with a Tag power amp. What is the situation with ventilation for these amps as I imagine they get quite hot.

I don't really want it on show as it's a bit of a beast. Would just like AV32, DVD (Tag eventually) and Digibox in the rack with the rest (VCR, TAPE, console etc. ) in a cupboard as they are now. This would also give me room to move the centre speaker back under the TV where it sounds best.

Is there any way of hiding a power amp in a cupboard or similar without risking it overheating? Also, is there a problem with having it 5m or so from the Processor?

Thanks

Steve

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am ranning various peices of equipment in different locations around the house with cables ranging from 8m to 17m in length.

No problem what so ever.

If Tag has option of balanced connection use them as they are less probe to interference.