Hiding obtrusive cables

Doesn't that plant get in the way? Snip, snip....

Originally posted by sapper
And hopefully a better picture

Looks good , is that one pipe for all your cables

Zorg

We've got the same thing going on in our demo room - cheap plastic trunking and a silver radiator pipe cover!!! (both B&Q)Looks the bees-knees :)

Hi,

Thank you all for your kind words about my DIY ability! :clap:

Currently I have the one pipe for the video leads (vga/dvi/svideo/composite) and the main lead is outside the pipe running along the pipe trapped by the two 40mm pipe clips that hold the pipe in place. Currently the difference in picture quality is not different if the mains lead is outside the pipe, or running along an entirely seperate route, hopefully the plastic pipe has sufficicnt shielding.

I do like the idea of using a 'chrome' pipe, looks more stylish but dreading cutting the lenght of the pipe to push the leads into the pipe!

The plant is not a real issue from the main viewing positions, but yes Norman and Norman Junior do require a prune :suicide:

I shall endavour to take a 'head on ' photo rather than a side view!

After one request, the stand is home made using 12 mm MDF boards, and the vertical struts are based on M16 threaded rods with 40mm waste pipe to hide the thread!

Might not be the most anti-vibration stnad out but it was cheap and quick to produce. All I want to do now is to replace teh MDF boards with marble; that will reduce vibrations!

Adrian

Rob

I have the same problem for the cableing to the speakers fronts and surrounds. I have been trying to find a trunking that is suitable but as yet have failed. I like the idea above of the sticky back trunking but B&Q do not list this on the web site. Can any one help.

It is a wood floored room so hiding things under the carpet is not an option and the speakers are all bi wired so it just gets worst.

an help would be welcomed thanks
steve

Rob,

go take a visit to B&Q and take a look.
all visit electrical retailor. this is standard stuff.

i too have wood flooring and
run the trunking around the base of the skirting.

neat job......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom