Hiding "Empty Title" On +R & +RW Discs

robert.hunter

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone kindly advise how to hide sections at the end of +R and +RW discs which show as "Empty Title"?

TIA

I have the same problem on my Sony GX120 DVD recorder. I'm sorry to say it seems to be a nasty bug in the machine's firmware. Almost every time I record a DVD, at least one "empty title" appears in the track list, only after I've finalised the disc. On one disc I accidentally recorded a section with nothing in it. Despite deleting this before finalisation, when I viewed the finished disc, there were two "empty titles"!

I can't see anything I'm doing that would cause this, or any obvious way to avoid it. Annoying as it is, my guess is that only Sony could fix it by issuing revised firmware for the machine. Unless anyone knows better...?

Are Robert and I the only ones who've had this problem? I would be surprised if we were.

Normally, you only see Empty Title before the disk is finalised, as an indicator of the amount of recording time left. I've had four different DVD recorders, from three different manufacturers, and each one has removed the Empty Title option during finalisation. None were a Sony though. Sounds like you two may have a dodgy batch of recorders.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom