Hiding Cables?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by DENIS, Mar 3, 2002.

1. DENIS

DENIS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, new to forum but this is probably and old question, i am geting a new tv-dvd and keeping my itv digi and vcr but need to move the equipment 5m away from the tv its a 40ins tosh bp and dont like the stand so what is the best way to hide the cables under the carpet as you know there is a few of them?

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hiding large SCART lead cables under the carpet is a hard thing to do. The best option, and very flexible is to put in boxed skirting, about 3inchs deep and you can hide many cables in it. Can also be easily accessed to change cabels.

3. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you don't want to go for the new skirting option and your existing skirting boards are white, then box trunking may be a solution to run cables around a room (which is what I've done).

This is easily available from places like B&Q and works out at about £2 per metre.

4. X-Man

X-Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Denis

Have you tried looking @ the depth between the skirting board and carpet. When I had cables to run from the the TV/AV system I decided to run them under the carpet. There was a carpet gripper (that rectangle piece of wood with the nails in) which I took out leaving a gap between the floor boards and skirting to slide a scart cable under.

I replaced the gripper with that double slided sticky tape from Carpet Land. I'm not sure but your skirting boards maybe flushed against your floorboards which means you won't be able to do this.

5. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    any idea how much boxed skirting costs?

ad

6. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    White plastic conduit is available in various sizes and is less expensive than the skirting. Fix the conduit to the skirting or along the top of it, it'll 'disappear' and never be noticed.

7. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59

Dunno, but you can get it in around 160 colours from MK, the gusy who make it you probably use their plugs.