Hiding cables for a tv/sound bar fixed to a chimney breast?

iconboy

Novice Member
Hi - longtime lurker,

I’m after some advice on how to hide the cabling within the chimney breast especially the power cables as I want the tv to sit flush up against the wall, so a socket plate would not give me the clearance. Has anyone used something similar to this —> PAC526F

Please note that the chimney wall is made of brick ( no plasterboard) so it will have to be chased out - I'm thinking to maybe mount the socket into a recess, this way it would give the clearance.

Another issue I have is, with the sound bar - what are you guys doing to hide the cables? considering the bar is seated flush against the wall - what is the process of managing the power cable, I was thinking maybe use a euro module plate with a brush and feed the power cable, hiding it into a chase out conduit which in turns leads back up to the recessed socket.

The only issue I see with this, is that the plate would be visible, as the sound bar would not be covering it completely.

I would love to hear from you guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom