1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide the projector IN the ceiling ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Dunkwho, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Has anyone had any success with having a projector setup with it being hidden in the ceiling when not in use? I'm not worried about autolifting or anything fancy (but if its been done I'd love to hear about it) - I've considered something as simple as a hinged platform - proj fixed to the top, original ceiling cutout fixed to the bottom, back hinged with some beefy hinges to a joist,some chains at the front to get the drop down angle correct ... and using keystone to end up with a square image.

I'm planning what to do with our lounge at the moment, and the bedroom above it. I'd like to have any lounge equipment installed (even if that room is a way off in the re-deorating plan) now so that I can run cables under the bedroom floor before that room gets done (sooner).

Some thoughts on a hidden screen too (although i've already seen 1 fantastic solution to get me started :D )

Ta

Duncan.