• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hidden I.P address ?

whitepilgrim

Standard Member
Is it possible to hide your I.P address, Ive been told you can hide it or actually change location.
If this is possible how is it done?

Thanks in advance

funkyspider

You can go through a 'proxy server'. A proxy is an intermediate site which bounces all your browsing requests through effectively an IP masker. The sites you visit get the IP address of the proxy rather than your own IP address.

Proxy servers range from free and slow to paid and fast.

Type "proxy server" into google.

beasty54

Distinguished Member
I use a tool called "Hotspot Shield" It needs no configuration and works flawlessly

M2GX

Standard Member
Is it not true though that at some point someone has to know your ip as if they did not then you would not receive any taffic back to your computer.

beasty54

Distinguished Member
Is it not true though that at some point someone has to know your ip as if they did not then you would not receive any taffic back to your computer.

Of course but you usually want to hide your IP from a specific site or piece of software so you just introduce a middle man that hides your IP and gives another one to the target site/software

funkyspider

Yes, of course the proxy server has to know your IP address, or as you say you would never get any incomming data. But proxies generally have a policy not to log any traffic or visitors.

It is completely impossible to connect to the internet without anything knowing your IP address as in the first place your ISP has to assign an address to you, all you can do is to hide your IP address to sites beyond the proxy server you connect to.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom