hiachi pj-tx200 or toshiba TDP-MT700 DLP Projector

jubblyray

Standard Member
please some advice / opinion`s please on these two models i`m an ex plasma man looking for the bigger picture cheers ray :lease:

jubblyray

Standard Member
a repy today would be nice ,money is burning a hole in my pocket need to spend before the better half gets hold of it :lease:

gingercat

I think unfortunately for you, you're one of a number of new members/new projector forum users lately who have just turned up and asked "should I buy x or y". You should read through the pages and pages of posts reviewing the PJs you're interested in, get a demo of the models ideally.

Sorry, rant over, seriously though, if you post what your particular requirements / budget etc. are, you're much more likely to get a useful response.

As a useful starter though, you should research the differences users have posted between LCD/DLP projectors (specifically the rainbow effect seen on DLPs).

Oh, finally, for my choice, see my sig :)

jubblyray

Standard Member
thanks for the response guys, have seen both of these models in operation and a few more and think i will going for the tx200 , the free pull up screen offered by some dealers is it any good ?
what screen (manual) would you recommend on a budget of £250 ,the projector will be living in a room 20ft long and i would like the screen as big as poss obviousley ratios taking into account mounted/hanging from the ceiling cheers ray :smashin:

Anim

jubblyray said:
thanks for the response guys, have seen both of these models in operation and a few more and think i will going for the tx200 , the free pull up screen offered by some dealers is it any good ?
what screen (manual) would you recommend on a budget of £250 ,the projector will be living in a room 20ft long and i would like the screen as big as poss obviousley ratios taking into account mounted/hanging from the ceiling cheers ray :smashin:

The pull up screens are ok if you need portability but I think the cheaper ones tend to get ripples quite early on. For £250 you might want to look at something better.

There is a dedicated screens forum here on AVS that would you should have a read through, lots of good tips in there.

Edit: Here it is, http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121

Anim

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom