Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Hi8 to DV transfer

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by david mac, Nov 2, 2004.

1. david mac

david mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to copy footage from a Sony CCD-TRV218E (Hi8) to a Sony DCR-PC8E (DV). Using a S-VHS - S-VHS cable the video tranfers fine but how do I transfer the audio? :lease:

2. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    On the PC8 there is an AV socket under the small flap (top RHS) of the machine. Use the AV lead (Red/White connectors) that came with the PC8 to connect to the other machines audio output. Job done

3. david mac

david mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the other machines audio output is the same as the PC8 i.e. a single socket. What is it I actually plug in here? The red and white cables will both not fit so I am a bit stumped?

4. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    You will also need an AV lead for this machine - should have come with it or you will need to buy one and a couple of phono plug connectors (joiners)

Let me know if you need anymore help

5. david mac

david mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand the concept and have both sets of cables - where would I purchase these joiners. Done a search on the web and can't find anything.

6. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Maplins springs to mind

Catalogue No. HH05F (Plastic body) £0.79 each or PL57M (Gold plated metal body) £1.99 each (Page 751 of current Maplins catalogue)

Good luck

John