1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi8 to DV transfer

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by david mac, Nov 2, 2004.

1. david mac

david mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to copy footage from a Sony CCD-TRV218E (Hi8) to a Sony DCR-PC8E (DV). Using a S-VHS - S-VHS cable the video tranfers fine but how do I transfer the audio? :lease:

2. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +470
    On the PC8 there is an AV socket under the small flap (top RHS) of the machine. Use the AV lead (Red/White connectors) that came with the PC8 to connect to the other machines audio output. Job done

3. david mac

david mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the other machines audio output is the same as the PC8 i.e. a single socket. What is it I actually plug in here? The red and white cables will both not fit so I am a bit stumped?

4. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +470
    You will also need an AV lead for this machine - should have come with it or you will need to buy one and a couple of phono plug connectors (joiners)

Let me know if you need anymore help

5. david mac

david mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand the concept and have both sets of cables - where would I purchase these joiners. Done a search on the web and can't find anything.

6. John7

John7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Maplins springs to mind

Catalogue No. HH05F (Plastic body) £0.79 each or PL57M (Gold plated metal body) £1.99 each (Page 751 of current Maplins catalogue)

Good luck

John