1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi-Ti Dye Sub Printers

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by thedoc, May 22, 2004.

1. thedoc

thedoc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick note for anyone interested in Dye Sub printers / printing.

I found some excellent cheap Dye Sub's made by a company called Hi-Ti, who I'd not heard of before. Turns out they have been round for a while but only recently come to uk market. We need one for our business, so at approx. £285 for a 400 dpi model (equivalent to 6400 dpi in inkjet terms) and 31p per 4x6" image, we took a chance and bought one.

:clap:

Fantastic device, small footprint, quality IS indistinguishable from "real" 35mm processed photos (comfirmed by one of my "photographic" partners comments too). It even works standalone away from a PC if you want, with card media slots and a hand console to choose, resize, crop, and adjust your images before printing on an in built LCD screen. It even covers your photo with a glossy or matt (selectable for each photo) protective coating, to protect it from fluids, UV, smudging, handling etc.

I researched these on the net before buying, and they seem to have a good reliability record and reviews.

Thought I'd post this as it might be of use or interest to someone out there.

You can see them at www.hi-ti.com

We bought the 640PS model, and it is on that model that I base the above comments. We bought from www.systeminsight.co.uk, and the owner has experience of the products and gave good service. He even offerred (though I declined!) to send a free photo sample printed by one of the products to examine for quality.

Hope this might be of interest to you.

Ian Wilson

P.S I have no connection or interest in Hi-Ti or System Insight, apart from having recently purchased and now owning the above noted printer.