Hi there can u help reccomend speakers?

Sensi

Standard Member
Hi there

i have a Tosh 32wlt66, Sky HD and a LG HDMI dvd player.

I would like to complete the package with some Home cinema speakers, I do not really want av amp and speakers, but would consider it if the price with speakers is reasonable, but rather would like an active 5.1 speaker system in black and silver (to match telly) that has floor standing speakers that sounds good and costs under £200 if one exists!

I would like to connect via Optical to the HD box and DVD so preferably 2 optical inputs (unless there is a better way of connecting and still getiing 5.1 DD from the HD box)

please help as I cannot find any, and also do not really know if i am talking out of my bum and have it all wrong. :lease:

Dave

Distinguished Member
Hi there, I'm afraid your extremely unlikely to get seperates for that sort of budget to the point of impossibility.:(

I'm also unaware of any active speaker system that will fulfill your requirements.

It looks to me like your only option may be to up your budget and go for an amp/receiver and speaker package.

The only other option is an all in one system but seeing as you already have a DVD player, there isn't much point and with a budget of 200 quid your unlikely to find an all in one system with 2 optical inputs. Sorry dude.:suicide:

Dave

Distinguished Member
For 130 quid, you can't go wrong.:thumbsup:

Yes it will do dolby digital, it has an optical and coaxial digital input. The only drawback is you said you need 2 optical inputs, if your dvd player has a coax output you're laughing.:smashin:

Sensi

Standard Member
I dont mind just swapping over to the DVD when I watch one, as most viewing is done via HD now! so HD will output to the speakers in DD 5.1 for the Sky films etc?

Always a leap of faith when you see somthing like this and no one has the set to give you a real life review!

think I may wait and look a little more and try to find a brand name, maybe bit more money, funny how certain things you want to actually cost more as if you are garunteeing quality or somthing!

thanks for your help btw! :clap:

Top Bottom