Hi res Halo - Is this possible or a myth?

Mickey123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I heard before buying my new 360 that the original Halo and Halo 2 will display in 720p if you have the premium pack.

My old Halo wont work at all.
It says it does not suport current resolution.
Ive tried all resolutions and yet nothing works.

Anyone a clue on this?

Mickey

Works fine on my machine, what resolution is your 360 set to? Also have you connected to live to download the latest BC emulators?

Is it saying something like PAL 50 not supported? As I believe you have to have the machine set to PAL 60, even though you are running through the VGA cable, I'm sure it does work using one, I'll check when I get home as I've upgraded to a VGA cable a couple of weeks ago.

If you wouldnt mind checking FF71 it would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't give me any options Im affraid. Just says res not supported.

just read your reply monkey boy. Ill have to try the recomendations. cheers

Yep, sorry Mickey, forgot to mention that while I was singing the praises of VGA.:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

However, Halo 2 works fine with VGA and it is indeed now in hi def and looks ace. Although Halo was great the lack of live makes it bearable to not play on the 360 with vga.

Hi Daerve

VGA is superb so Im not sorry I bothered. Just watched lost and it looks far better than on my normal DVD. Games look good too.

Im thinking I may just stick with SD for now.
At least until Sky DVD sorts itself out

Mickey123 said:
Hi Daerve

VGA is superb so Im not sorry I bothered. Just watched lost and it looks far better than on my normal DVD. Games look good too.

Im thinking I may just stick with SD for now.
At least until Sky DVD sorts itself out

It's amazing how many PW series owners are perfectly happy with their "only sd" screens.

It's just a shame so many 360 owners are obsessed with getting a HD screen, it's not all about the amount of pixels you know.:lesson: :D

Daerve said:
It's amazing how many PW series owners are perfectly happy with their "only sd" screens.

It's just a shame so many 360 owners are obsessed with getting a HD screen, it's not all about the amount of pixels you know.:lesson: :D

Hi Daerve,

I've got a panny PW7 and think the screen is great with the 360 though I am going through component as my VGA port is being used for Freeview.

Have you seen a 360 via a HDTV for a comparison? Even though I think my screen looks great there is still that little niggle at the back of my mind about not having a HDTV.

Though there is no chance I could afford to upgrade at the mo :rolleyes:

Ominoukg said:
Hi Daerve,

I've got a panny PW7 and think the screen is great with the 360 though I am going through component as my VGA port is being used for Freeview.

Have you seen a 360 via a HDTV for a comparison? Even though I think my screen looks great there is still that little niggle at the back of my mind about not having a HDTV.

Though there is no chance I could afford to upgrade at the mo :rolleyes:

I have seen it on LCD's in HD but not anything as big as my plasma.

TBH I'm scared to see it on a HD 42 inch plasma cos I can't afford it either and though I doubt it's much better after seeing the lcd's, if it is much better the upgraditis bug will infect me and the wife will not be happy.:D

Daerve said:
I have seen it on LCD's in HD but not anything as big as my plasma.

TBH I'm scared to see it on a HD 42 inch plasma cos I can't afford it either and though I doubt it's much better after seeing the lcd's, if it is much better the upgraditis bug will infect me and the wife will not be happy.:D

Lol tell me about it.. I've already got upgradeitis and I'm getting married next year and even the mention of a new plasma and my girlfirends eye's turn read and steam starts to eject from her ears :D

Im scared to buy an HD pannel for fear its not that much diff what I have now for the extra price and carry on I'd have selling and posting my current panny.:eek:

Mickey123 said:
Im scared to buy an HD pannel for fear its not that much diff what I have now for the extra price and carry on I'd have selling and posting my current panny.:eek:

Exactly, that's why I bought an SD screen in the first place. The 360 is my only HD source anyway so shelling out an extra 500-1000 quid on top of what I paid for the PWD7 simply didn't make sense.

In a couple of years i'll definitely be getting a HD screen but for now I'm more than happy with my SD one.

It's not the size of the pixels, it's how you use them.:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom