1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Rasczak

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by General Panic, Aug 25, 2003.

1. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi again Rasczak :hiya:
    A quick question if i my regards your Panasonic PC recorder. Do you use/recomend any particular -RW media?
    I've got RAM and -R disks ok but only just realised the drive i've just ordered uses -RW as well and that should be cheaper than useing the RAM disks i was going to use.

TIA

Panic

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,216
    I have been using JVC DVD-RWs - they were readily available at a local store so I snapped up a 5 pack. No problems with them at all. I'm sure some of the Sony GX7 or Pioneer DVDR7000 users will be able to suggest some decent disks.

3. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Hi

I have used Princo RW 1 speed media a lot and no problems.

These were going for 90p each (a bought a few!), but seem to have vanished now.

You can get 1-2x rated (Princo branded) for £1.35 each from http://www.lynxdv.co.uk/product.php?name=princorw

Alternatively you can get DataSafe branded 1x (Princo made) DVD-RW for 0.89p from www.blankdiscshop.co.uk.

If you are only needing a couple of discs for testing purposes (i.e. test an author to DVD-RW before burning to DVD-R) I would suggest spending a bit more for some good branded media. Either way test them out before going for a bulk order if you want a lot.

For data use, while DVD-RW will do the job, you are better off with DVD-RAM.

Regards

Philip

4. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for the advice guys :)

Panic