Hi Please help!

R

ryan-fx

Hello everyone :hiya:

I have recently bought a new samsung tv and a playstation 3. I listen to a lot of music through my laptop and computer. I am wanting a new audio setup for my music dvd and blu-rays, as i am currently running an aiwa z-ht540 speaker system and it just isn't enough. Could you please recommend me a good set of speakers and an av receiver or both if they are in a package for around £700-£800 i am currently looking at the kef 2005.2 speakers and the sony STR-DG 710 for £700 together. Thank-you

anth1e

Banned
if you have the room then the best sounding kit for that budget could be looking on the acoustic energy website at the evo 3b package half price under 500 pounds, have it myself and love it, and then just shopping round for an avr around 200 pounds, peter tyson do a half price yamaha one. on superfi they have 300 pounds off the kef 3005 pakage

R

ryan-fx

thank you for your relpy but both of the products sites you mentioned has a finance offer you know buy now pay 2008 i forgot to mention that part have you got any ideas. im sorry it is a bit of a confining search choice.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
I wasn't too impressed with the Kefs when i heard them... particularly for music, i reckon given your budget and requirements this is a pretty good setup:

http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/HCS_ONK505_Q1000.php

The same place does the 505E with the Kef's for a very similar price if you prefer it...

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
I'd go with the SR505E Onkyo again....

R

ryan-fx

Also do i plug my ps3 into the amp by hdmi then back to the tv or ps3>Tv then tv>optical to the amp?

And can you help me with which cables i will need will i need one cable for each speaker?

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom