1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, my names Chris and i'm a first time FP user

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by chrisgriffiths, Mar 5, 2004.

1. chrisgriffiths

chrisgriffiths

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Been looking at buying a projector for nearly a near, ummed and arhhed for ages and was about to buy a AE500 from a uk dealer, but on Thursday Komplett went and dropped their price by nearly £100, so in the end money talked, and a dead pixel check is only worth so much...

Anyway, ordered thursday 10.30am, delivered Friday 12.30pm by DHL, massive Thumbs up to Komplett - no dead pixels, and straight ouuta the box no obvious problems (vb, what vb, not looking for it...shhhhh). Black level is dark grey, but i expeceted that. ( I work in IT so have seen data LCD projectors before Infocus etc) black levels actually a lot better than what i expected tbh and i've not calibrated anything yet)

So this post is just a thanks to everyones elses posts i've been quietly reading

Just watched Matrix reloaded, watching Jackass at the mo :clap:

Crazy

Wish i'd not farted around for so thinking 'should i, shouldn't i'.

To anyone else on the fence - buy one, its the future

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Chris,

Welcome to front projection.
    Get yourself a test disc like Avia. This will allow you to set up your PJ quickly and accurately and get the full potential and enjoyment out of it.

3. chrisgriffiths

chrisgriffiths

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do cheers, its the next thing on the list!