Hi ..looking for a 42" or bigger TV for xbox gaming

jock

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Been browsing the AV forums very helpfull many thanks for time and effort.
I am looking for a replacement for my 32" LCD gaming TV.
I have an xbox so 3D is not a major issue at the moment..(unless 3D films and games are going to explode next year???? anyone got inside info?)

Basically...LCD or plasma no real preference just neeeds to be good for FPS.

I see the Panasonic Plasma TVs in the GT are great and quickish and the ST are not as high spec but better latency times.

Basically best telly I can get for £600 at least 42" so I can watch myself get slaughtered on kill cam on MW3 again and again and again!!!

:smashin:

42ST30 from John Lewis, £549.95 on a price match at the mo :)

Leave you £50 for a more genteel game that you can play without dying, maybe something that involves dance :D

42ST30 from John Lewis, £549.95 on a price match at the mo :)

Leave you £50 for a more genteel game that you can play without dying, maybe something that involves dance :D

Haha :clap:.....genteel never thought I would say that word today!! Are you asking me to dance vickster?......lead on:arty:

yes the 42ST30 is top of my list....was just doing the usual "I will annoy every one and ask anyway even though I have read the other posts below":suicide:

+1 for ST30. Although if you have the money, i would get the GT30 and not worry about the added lag (i dont think you'd notice - still less than LCDs)
And when it comes to spending the spare £50 - consider BF3 - the real mans FPS...

+1 for ST30. Although if you have the money, i would get the GT30 and not worry about the added lag (i dont think you'd notice - still less than LCDs)
And when it comes to spending the spare £50 - consider BF3 - the real mans FPS...

Cheers TimmyBee86.....I could splurge out and get the GT30....Just that it is solely going to be used for xbox 360....so freesat and recording to usb will not be used.
I think (tho I have no experience to justify my thoughts) That by the time a new xbox comes out with proper 3D and plenty of 3D games...that maybe the tv I will end up with will then be the poor cousin with 3D compatibility issues etc etc.

I I know the ST30 is 3D capable so that is just a happy coincidence.

As for BF3..you cheeky sod lol...
I nearly bought a PS3 just to play killzone! Is it really that good?

I hope that makes sense..ish

Cheers:thumbsup::smashin::thumbsup:

Cheers TimmyBee86.....I could splurge out and get the GT30....Just that it is solely going to be used for xbox 360....so freesat and recording to usb will not be used.
I think (tho I have no experience to justify my thoughts) That by the time a new xbox comes out with proper 3D and plenty of 3D games...that maybe the tv I will end up with will then be the poor cousin with 3D compatibility issues etc etc.

I I know the ST30 is 3D capable so that is just a happy coincidence.

As for BF3..you cheeky sod lol...
I nearly bought a PS3 just to play killzone! Is it really that good?

I hope that makes sense..ish

Cheers:thumbsup::smashin::thumbsup:

Killzone is good, PS3 is fantastic and BF3 online kicks ass:D.....tempted to get MW3 for single player an coop, online was too quake for me with MW2, dont like run and gun, I like having options.:p

Cheers...I will Check out BF3....MW3 single player is the best COD yet I think. The maps are wee so yes it is run and gun on multiplayer...I thought they would have had bigger maps this time round to jazz things up a bit. Still it is very good indeed...I have just emailed JL to try to get a wee deal going...if not the ST30 is getting purchased from Richer sounds sharpish! cheers

didnt think RS did the ST? or did you mean the GT?
BF3 is the way forward. much more team-based instead of the one-man-army ethos of COD

well well well....
Either thats new, or i had completely missed that before...

would love to, but im on Xbox...
I read the PS3 has got an update today. Let us know how that is - Xbox should get it soon i hope...

As for the ST @ RS. Although i love RS, JL might be better for this. Same price, but with a 5 yr warranty. Just wish either would sell it with free glasses. Also really hoping for a good deal to pop up for ST, glasses and blu-ray.

Doh!

Stuck on A1 zzzzzzzzzz

Poor you....I used to drive up and down it to and fro to London...It is a bugger of a road..

Anyhoo just to keep it telly orientated the Panasonic VIERA TXP42ST30

Is now £529 at RS with 5 year warranty at £52 more expensive than JL yet RS is 10 mins away and JL is in Newcastle...just waiting for JL to see if they will price/bundle match comet so I can get 2 pairs of goggles too!

cheers for the help so far folks.:clap:

Poor you....I used to drive up and down it to and fro to London...It is a bugger of a road..

Anyhoo just to keep it telly orientated the Panasonic VIERA TXP42ST30

Is now £529 at RS with 5 year warranty at £52 more expensive than JL yet RS is 10 mins away and JL is in Newcastle...just waiting for JL to see if they will price/bundle match comet so I can get 2 pairs of goggles too!

cheers for the help so far folks.:clap:

RS is a very good place to buy from and local is always better.

Oh my giddy aunt...what have I done?

Impulse purchase of the TX-P50ST30, 2 x TY-EW3D3ME goggles and 5 year warranty for £799..... from richer sounds in Middlesbrough...guy called Rick in there was very helpful he went over and above his call of duty. Polite, enthusiatsic and very helpfull. I will be emailing RS head office to praise him about him.

Just hope I have made the right descision???? Is descision spelt like that?

Cheers folks

Response from JL after I asked for price match on the ST30................

"I have looked into your request and will be happy to match the price of £549.00 for the Panasonic Viera TX-P42ST30 plasma HD 1080p 3D TV, 42 inch and two pairs of Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D glasses, medium at Comet."

Is the TX-P50ST30 and buying it locally from RS worth the extra £250? ....sheeeeeeshhhh its never easy!!

:hiya::lease:
John lewis=
£549.00 for the Panasonic Viera TX-P42ST30 plasma HD 1080p 3D TV and two pairs of Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D glasses

or:rolleyes:

RS=
£800.00 for the Panasonic Viera TX-P50ST30 plasma HD 1080p 3D TV and two pairs of Panasonic TY-EW3D3ME 3D glasses

Is the TX-P50ST30 and buying it locally from RS worth the extra £250?????

I promise this IS my last question about this topic!!! PROMISE!:blush:

Last edited:
Only you can decide if you can go £200 over budget...what's the viewing distance? I hope you have a very big car / van if you go the RS route (MUST transport carefully and upright)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom