Hi, I recently asked for advice, my first results....

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by dave tucker, Feb 2, 2014.

1. dave tucker

dave tucker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I recently asked for help and advice on the forum, as I was struggling with uploading my videos and strange timelines. I took onboard the advice given and had another attempt today. I also made a video dolly, which I used in this 30 sec video. I used my Panasonic V720 camcorder. As I mention previously I used the video to embed and enhance my blog, www.eastcoastandbeyond.co.uk | Dave Tucker anyway and views criticism would be gratefully appreciated as I am new to the world of Camcorders, here is todays video:

Regards
    Dave

2. 12harry

12harry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    Nice insight to the area you are promoting. Possibly a tad short . . . . and video works best when there is a "story" being told. Maybe I blinked, but I wasn't aware of the dolly-shot, but then the best effects are those seen as real.
    Thanks for posting yr efforts.

3. Terfyn

Terfyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +245
    Nice atmospheric video. But I agree with Harry, you are promoting East Coast so now you need to pull the videos together to make a story. Nothing, as yet, says East Coast and, as we have pretty streams in North Wales as well, it could easily have been from there.
    To give you an example. Some years ago, the Open University made a film depicting the various stages in the life of a river. They chose to film the Glaslyn, a local river to where we live.
    The Glaslyn starts as a series of large drips (1) high on the flanks of Snowdon and then flows via streams and waterfalls to two lakes. From there it flows to Beddgelert where it meets a second river and continues down a series of spectacular and beautiful rapids at Aberglaslyn Pass. It then meanders across a flood plain before meeting the sea at Porthmadog. Therein lies the makings of a story.
    I thought of making the same film but the OU beat me to it!

(1):offtopic: Large drips can often be found on Snowdon. They are usually dressed in jeans, tee-shirt and flip-flops. They are often discovered at 2.00 AM, in blizzard conditions, by the local Mountain Rescue Team who, with the help of an Air Sea Rescue helicopter from RAF Valley, cart them to the local hospital where a dedicated team of doctors and nurses wait, twiddling their thumbs, for something to happen. You may think, dear reader, that I am making all this up. Unfortunately.......!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  4. dave tucker

dave tucker
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Harry & Terfyn, given me 'food for thought' and a potential project:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave