Hi I have a one year old Sony x750, there is a line going down the center of the screen

eradicator

Novice Member
Hi, there is a line going down the middle of the screen, its not a crack but maybe a pixel problem. The TV is a Sony X750F series, 43-Inch 4K UHD Smart LED TV , is this even worth trying to fix? I paid 400 for the TV on amazon last year, I could try to get it fixed but not sure where to take it? Maybe Best Buy and the geek squad?

if it will cost more than a couple hundred to fix I may just buy something better, I mostly use it to play ps4 games, im leaning toward just getting a great monitor . I’m not sure what to do with the tv(fix it or replace it?)
84FA3926-69C8-4185-9E16-1DCE3D1836B5.jpeg
BCEB917D-3BFA-46DA-9B4D-9DF806D6D586.jpeg

eradicator

Novice Member
I talked to Sony and they couldn’t do anything but left me a list of local repair places that could fix it. I’ll see what they say I guess.

TommyDog

We had an LG tv that did something similar. We thought it was toast, but as my daughter was at uni and didn't have a tv we offered it to her. So it was manhandled into the back of my car. 45 miles later I set it up for her and the bloody line was gone!! Turns out it was the connector for the screen that obviously got jiggled a bit and cured the problem. She had the set for another 5 years before it finally died.

TommyDog

Oh.....and if it is a faulty screen, then it's probably toast....Sony will not supply replacement screens.

eradicator

Novice Member
The screen was fine for about one year then the line showed up intermittently abd now the line is here all the time.

I’m not sure about loading it into and out of the car and driving around repeatedly but I’ll let the repair techs have a crack at it

TommyDog

Well....if you have access to one bob it in the back of the car and have a drive around....you never know....lol 😉

TommyDog

The screen was fine for about one year then the line showed up intermittently abd now the line is here all the time.

I’m not sure about loading it into and out of the car and driving around repeatedly but I’ll let the repair techs have a crack at it
It's only a tv buddy, it will have been manhandled and driven many miles before it was bought by you....just don't drop it! 👍👍

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom