1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi Guys, nearly ready to buy my new TV!!??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by chrsfrm, Sep 10, 2005.

1. chrsfrm

chrsfrm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Hi Guys, nearly ready to buy my new TV....I think. Can the forum give their final views to assist me?

Really want the Tosh 36ZP48P, great write up's, all the features & the big screen @ £800+. It is a beast so could choose the 32ZP48P version @ £600+.

Am also impressed by the Samsung WS32Z308P slimline TV, only 32" but looks like a plasma from the front, also the DVD reproduction looks as good as plasma/LCD at on £499 @ Comet.

They will connect to my Pioneer DVD/Surround, Freeview box and Humax/Fusion PVR (or DVD HDD/Recorder, possibly Lite-on 5054).

Can you help make that final decision. I want it in for Xmas (this year!!). Thanx.

2. Seepy

Seepy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there, this might help or it might not, i bought the ws32z308p it has great pq but there was excess geometry problems with mine and many others in this forum, the toshiba's seem to struggle with geometry also and have a dirty screen effect in some cases, geometry if you dont know is the corners of the screen bending top and bottom it's a horrible thing if your a perfectionist like me, so i ended up getting a samsung le26r51bd LCD HDTV for £699 at currys, and let me say how perfect it is it is just stunning to see dvd's also xbox looks like a PC, if you like high quaity then i advise you to get a LCD they have all the inputs for new devices HDMI, PC input, Component, so its basically future proof, hope this helps :thumbsup: