hi guys could do with your help

dannyc9

Standard Member
hi everybody im new here:hiya: i have been settin up a new sound system in my room but i also have music sensetive led lighting hooked up to the old system usin a 3.5mm jack and now when the lights are on full i get a ringing noise in my system .. till i stop this i dont want to upgrade to more power because its ringing loud ... please help me:confused:

thanks in advance
danny

dannyc9

Standard Member
its only 70 watts at the mo want to take it to 500 watts
it only happens when the lights are running
i really dont know much about sounds systems but i imagines its some type of current leakage

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Not enough details!

You have a new system, and an old system, and somehow magically have some lights connected somewhere.

What is the New system?

What is the Old system?

How are the lights connect? That is, what are they connected to?

What are the lights? Brand? Model? Links to specification? Photographs? Etc...?

How is the Old system connected to the New System?

How desperate are you to have flashing lights? Wouldn't it be better to forget the lights and enjoy the music?

Steve/bluewizard

dannyc9

Standard Member
hi mate will try my best

What is the New system?
not bought yet till i can solve this ringing problem on the old system
but i use alot of 12v controllers so will prob end up using a car based 500w amp with atleast 4 channles

What is the Old system?
is a 4 channel amp will built in sub
only runs at 75 watts

How are the lights connect? That is, what are they connected to?
the lights are connected to the amp via a 3.5mm jack which is built into the lights controller which again runs on 12 volts that 3.5mm jack goes to a 2 way adaptor which connect to my mp3 then they second 3.5mm wire runs to the amp with a 3.5mm to rca cable

What are the lights? Brand? Model? Links to specification? Photographs? Etc...?
the lights are home made but the controller is this Music control RF RGB LED Micro Audio Controller Remo

How is the Old system connected to the New System?
not connected at all will be swapped when i can stop this ringing

How desperate are you to have flashing lights? Wouldn't it be better to forget the lights and enjoy the music?
its kinda like a sensory room full of lights and music so want them linked

hope that helps
danny :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom