Hi gloss mdf sheets

Lewkini

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hope I'm in the right place to post this but feel free to move mods if its not! I currently have a besta burs black hi gloss tv unit from ikea but what I'm after is if anyone knows where I can buy sheets of wood that has a hi gloss finish like the besta unit? I presume it's like melamime! I've thought of howdens the kitchen suppliers and seeing if they do, what I class as an end panel! Ideally looking for 8ft x 4ft sheets as I need to make a unit 6x2x2. I've also considered using a work top but I think at 30mm thick it might be a bit to heavy duty!

Any advice appreciated
Cheers
Lewkini:thumbsup:

Have a look at the cover panels at Ikea - they're essentially just plain high gloss boards with finished edges on.

You don't have free reign on the size but they include an edging strip should you need to cut them down.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply :D on the back of them will they have cut outs for hinges etc tho?

lewkini said:
Hope I'm in the right place to post this but feel free to move mods if its not! I currently have a besta burs black hi gloss tv unit from ikea but what I'm after is if anyone knows where I can buy sheets of wood that has a hi gloss finish like the besta unit? I presume it's like melamime! I've thought of howdens the kitchen suppliers and seeing if they do, what I class as an end panel! Ideally looking for 8ft x 4ft sheets as I need to make a unit 6x2x2. I've also considered using a work top but I think at 30mm thick it might be a bit to heavy duty!

Any advice appreciated
Cheers
Lewkini:thumbsup:

You could use a local body shop to paint the MDF sheet for you or use vinyl all depends on what finish you require

I found that website today (HPP) so might investigate further! The other link signs suggested might not work as believe it or not im making a vivarium so with heat bulbs etc im not sure it would work thankyou for taking the time to reply tho :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom