1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, from new Ae100 owner.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Splice, Mar 16, 2002.

1. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi to timh,pinda, li-on etc etc etc.

I have been reading these forums for a number of weeks now. The result being I now own a Panasonic PT-AE100E and a Icestorm 5 painted piece of mdf screwed to my front room wall complete with curtains.......yes curtains (the wife) and also i WAS the owner of a Lecson progressive dvd player but took it back because of the contrast tearing problem. and i am now running through a pc. Much better. anyway thanks lads you have cost me a fortune. (skint but happy)
    Anyway in the couple of weeks I have owned it I have a couple of questions for all you panny experts. does anyone know if there panny has any slight convergence errors ie slight misalignement of the lcd panels because on mine i noticed a slight red ting in the left of the picture (very slight) also the left hand edge is green. I went into the service mode and notice on the white screen up close you can see the red overlap and as i moved to the right of the picture it gets less and less till it dissapears. This is obviously misaligned panel. It does not however seem to effect focus on the left hand side, with my eyes anyway. The thing i dont know is if this is common. I know CRT suffer with this but i thought that lcd projectors did not suffer the same defect. maybe you panny owners would be so kind to check yours and let me know.

Also I want to be able to improve my sky picture and video picture(standard VHS) i understand from the HCPC forum i could put a tv card in the pc and take the sky and video into the inputs on the card, can anyone recomend a card that will give me a decent picture using the descaler software, and please say one thats easily available. I have had enough stress with the panny.

Thanks .

Splice.......:D

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I ordered a Pinnacle Studio PCTV Rave TV/Capture card from Amazon on the 27th of Feb. I still haven't recieved it yet.......just like my PTAE100:mad: :( It was supposed to be delivered by the 6th Mar at the latest. Emailed them Wednesday and they said it wasn't dispatched because address label was unreadable:mad: They waited 2 weeks to affix a new label and send it:mad: So I should get it early next week. I'll let you know whether its any good. For my first online purchase, it doesn't inspire much confidence:rolleyes:

Did you get yours from Germany yet Kramer? I might follow your lead and tell Panasonic Ireland and Meritec to go stick it. I can understand the delay with the Projector from Meritec but they still haven't got my screen yet either. The effers have only returned one of my calls and when I asked Rachel if the screen was in yesterday, she wouldn't check to see if it was lying in the office. She said wait till Chris(Sales REP) comes back from EXPO in Germany, that its such an unusual (16:9?????unusual???)screen that she might give me the wrong one.(They do mostly 4:3 presentation screens). By that logic then it should be easier to pick out mine from the other screen deliveries:mad: I starting to think there a mickey mouse operation! I even think I caught Chris trying to pull a fast one as well. We had discussed the model B and he told me the RRP was €290. When he rang to confirm order of model b he asked if he had told me the price. I said no and he said RRP was €317. I quickly told him that we had in fact already discussed price and agreed on €290.....:mad: :mad:

So do I stick with them or start the ordering process all over again, after already waiting 6-7weeks?

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Emmm, there seem's to be more and more people going the HTPC route, I will have to think about that one.
    I also took my Lecson dvd player back today, progressive scan what a laugh, dont they test these thing's when they design them :mad:

5. Splice

Splice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, timmh

just prior to taking my lecson back, I rang the helpline number, and the person on the other end listened to my tales of woe re contrast streaking, and then basically said that they were not that great... he then followed this with a suggestion to try a toshiba or sony and proceeded to give me a web address for more info.... bet he doesn't work on commision eh!!
    Trying the hcpc route instead. (lots to learn)

Splice.

6. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Splice

I also talked to a guy on the helpline, he suggested exchanging it, even though I told him about it be a common fault with this player :mad: