Hi, friends I need help

Kevin112

Novice Member
Reaction score
I want to buy the Cambridge CXR120, Because I heard it's really good stereo
CXR120
But I do not know how the room correction for movies
Has anyone tried or know and can tell me?
Thank you all

Taken from the Cambridge site-

Simple set-up Using the colour On-Screen Display, you can easily setup the CXR120 and CXR200 by yourself using the auto speaker setup. For quick and simple installation in any room this system uses the supplied microphone to perform multiple measurements of the listening environment and automatically sets the receiver up for optimum use dependent on your room’s acoustics.

Taken from the Cambridge site-

Simple set-up Using the colour On-Screen Display, you can easily setup the CXR120 and CXR200 by yourself using the auto speaker setup. For quick and simple installation in any room this system uses the supplied microphone to perform multiple measurements of the listening environment and automatically sets the receiver up for optimum use dependent on your room’s acoustics.
You know how it works compared with Dirac or ARC or Odyssey?

I'm afraid not. I only looked for the set up advice for you. I notice you are located in the USA, maybe you can send an email to Cambridge Audio, as they will have a far more knowledgeable input that I can.

I'm afraid not. I only looked for the set up advice for you. I notice you are located in the USA, maybe you can send an email to Cambridge Audio, as they will have a far more knowledgeable input that I can.
I have not talked to them about it, because they are salesmen, and I prefer someone who knows us.
What is interesting, it did not find much on this receiver in Internet
It says something that is good or not?

Not sure, click on the link, the reviews are at the bottom of the page.

CXR120
I read these reviews, but unfortunately the only ones that exist.
I tried in community forums and it seems that nobody bought or know something about it
And it sucks because I'm looking for confidence ..

I want to buy the Cambridge CXR120, Because I heard it's really good stereo
CXR120
But I do not know how the room correction for movies
Has anyone tried or know and can tell me?
Thank you all

What speakers would you be running and what is your ability to discern music notes and tone, what is your hearing range like.

Not being critical, I say this based on my own experience. I appreciate quality, but realistically I am not an audiophile, at my age the top end of my hearing range is probably only 15kHz at best, and I'm not prepared to spend silly money on speakers.

So all the AV amps I have owned have sounded pretty much the same be they Denon or Yamaha. Likewise, the features and operation of them has all been pretty similar.

If it were me, before spending £1500 on an AV amp when I know that I can good ones for £500 I would need to audition it to make sure that I can discern enough difference to justify the 3x price tag.

Cheers,

Nigel

What speakers would you be running and what is your ability to discern music notes and tone, what is your hearing range like.

Not being critical, I say this based on my own experience. I appreciate quality, but realistically I am not an audiophile, at my age the top end of my hearing range is probably only 15kHz at best, and I'm not prepared to spend silly money on speakers.

So all the AV amps I have owned have sounded pretty much the same be they Denon or Yamaha. Likewise, the features and operation of them has all been pretty similar.

If it were me, before spending £1500 on an AV amp when I know that I can good ones for £500 I would need to audition it to make sure that I can discern enough difference to justify the 3x price tag.

Cheers,

Nigel
I have canton Vento 886, and they need a powerful receiver to use them properly.
Vento 886 DC

I heard about Dirac Live, computer software, anyone has experience with it?
Dirac Live room correction - improves your audio system

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom