Hi-Fi Wireless Headphones?

Sheks

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

With a baby on the way, I need to be considering some headphones. Ideally I would like wireless ones, so that they can be used around the house. Are wireless headphones any good these days, or to get decent quality do they need to be wired?

Can anyone suggest any good models to try for about £100-£150 tops.

My system is a Marantz DR6000 (used as a transport), Tag DAC20, and a Roksan Kandy KA1-Mk3 amp.

Thanks in advance.

Colin

The last cordless headphones my sister bought - using my money - were c**p. Don't know why she couldn't have used normal headphones. £50 down the drain. I suppose if you get some that operate on radio frequency - not infra red - they may be ok.

My Sennheiser HD 600s - which cost about £150 new - are the most stunning piece of HiFi equipment I own. I cannot believe these things - even running from a 12 year old Marantz CD player via a Music Fidelity headphone amp they are amazing. And yesterday I discovered Dolby Headphone for the first time. Wow .... Also the bass is amazing.

Dave48

I have used both radio frequency and infra red headphones, and to be honest didn't like them very much.

The infra reds were very prone to interference and break up - the RF was better at reception, but I just didn't feel comfortable listening to the sound - it all seemed a bit flat...

I prefer the low tech solution of good conventional head phones with a long extension cord - you know the curly ones - to the amp.

I have used both radio frequency and infra red headphones, and to be honest didn't like them very much.

The infra reds were very prone to interference and break up - the RF was better at reception, but I just didn't feel comfortable listening to the sound - it all seemed a bit flat...

I prefer the low tech solution of good conventional head phones with a long extension cord - you know the curly ones - to the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom