1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi-fi shelving?????

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by chubbs, Oct 22, 2004.

1. chubbs

chubbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am now installing into my room a new wall which I will be putting my RPTV Kef reference speakers and hi-fi against.

I am trying to find some suitable shelving that I can put my Hi-fi equipment on and I can seem to find anything that is suitable... please help...

It all needs to be stacked on top of each other due to the width of the wall and what is going onto it.

I have to put on there.

bottom shelf 300 disc changer
    next up power amp
    next up receiver and processor
    next up DVD player
    Next up sky box

I have a turntable to go on the top of all this, but thinking it might be better on my other hi-fi as this one will be near the roof by the time i've finished.

I would like to be able to have a spare shelf as well just in case I want to add something else onto the system.

can somebody please give me some info on where I can get something like this.

many thanks :thumbsup:

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Stands unique are the only ones i have seen of any quality but they are £220 each shelf.
    They take up to 30Kg and are W=600, D440

If you are looking much further down the scale vogels offer a model with no glass at about £35 each which will take 20Kg

3. chubbs

chubbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love to part with £1000 for the shelf's that I want, but it's just not cost effective.

don't worry about this thread now, I have changed the layout of the wall and I am building in the shelving to the wall to give me the custom look it's quite a thick wall at 16" but it should recess everything into it and I'll get storage behind the projector screen at the top. Hopefully it will look the part when I've finished. i'll post some pictures on here when it's finished.

thanks anyway