Hi Fi Bitz - A big thumbs up

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by juboy, Apr 9, 2003.

1. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First the background... a month ago I ordered a Denon 2800MkII from Hi Fi Bitz, mainly because their price was so good along with the fact I wanted to move to a better quality player. The layer change buffer swung me between the Denon and the Pioneer 757ai.

Anyway, I ran it in with a few music CDs, which it played faultlessly, without any of the skipping or freezing that seems to have plagued Denon players.

So, sat down at the weekend to watch the first DVD all the way through and lo and behold, the player freezes, twice, within the first half an hour of the film. Each freeze lasted maybe 4 to 5 seconds and then simply resumed playback at the correct place.

To say I was pizzed off would be an understatement.

I then checked to make sure it wasn't the disc but could not repeat the freeze at the same place, so it couldn't have been that. Then realised that even if the player never froze again, I'd always be sitting there with gritted teeth waiting for it to do so, and not enjoying the films.

Contacted Hi Fi Bitz Monday just gone to explain the problem and asked if I could swap out the Denon for the Pioneer 757ai... nothing was too much hassle for them, they were utterly helpful, professional and true to their word I have now taken delivery of the 757ai and hooked it up.

A happy ending hopefully and Hi Fi Bitz have made a customer for life :) Would recommend them to anyone, a great example of ecommerce actually working :smashin:

2. The Hemulen

The Hemulen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Seconded. I bought some gear which turned out to be not as hoped and had no problem exchanging. Okay I bought a more expensive alternative in the end but I got the feeling that they'd have been just as helpful even if I hadn't.

3. westy1507

westy1507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thirded, (??!!).

Wanted 3 pairs of Acoustic Energy Aego 2's to run from the pre outs of my 2nd room amp, and saw them at £99 on HifiBitz - which as you will agree is an absolute bargain for these ace babies.

Sent an email to seek confirmation on colour availability and price at 3pm, got them 12noon the next day.

Superb, and really helpful and prompt to reply too.

Westy

4. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Seriously Westy, how much money do you spend on homecinema?
    My wife would have an absolute fit!!